Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you look for?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

What do you look for?

Advertisements
    So I was having a conversation with my mom the other day about relationships/marriage/etc and it got me really thinking about what about DB I thought made him a good potential husband. So I decided hey why not find out what other people have to say.

What characteristics do you think make a good spouse/ life partner???

For me I think it's honesty/caring/good moral character, desire and ability to provide for his family, ambitious, family oriented, supportive of my goals...and that's all I can think of right now lol.
  2. Senior Member
    Those are good ones. I also need someone that can make me laugh and enjoys life. My ExDH was sooo boring. he was never excited about anything, never had any emotion, he was just kind of there. This includes when we got married, found out that we were pregnant, etc.
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

DH is protective, ambitious, kind ... but at the same time he doesn't let me walk all over him and he stands up and puts me in my place if he needs to (and I do the same for him). He's good with money, he's very clean, he handles his own responsibilities ... he's not someone that I'm going to have to babysit or pick up after or make sure he gets up in the morning. He's adventurous, he has a huge heart, and he's not afraid to stand up for what's right, no matter who is in the wrong.
  4. Senior Member
    Character, Faith, Health, Intelligence, Ambition, Physical Appearance, Responsibility

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    He was the only human being on the planet that I could be around for extended periods of time and didn't want to strangle.

The added bonus is that he was a good person and makes me a better person.

And my definition of a good person includes that he has tremendous character, a wonderful sense of humor, we agree on most views in life and the ones that we don't we are incredibly respectful about and he was a huge Star Wars and other assorted Sci-Fi fan as well.
  6. Senior Member
    Crap, I forgot "funny" and "lets me buy nice purses".

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    Crap, I forgot "funny" and "let's me buy nice purses".
    Very important quality. I forgot that too.
  8. Senior Member
    I haven't found a partner who's had all the qualities I need in a husband, so I've mostly learned what I want that way (the hard way)

I look for someone who values their relationships (family, friends, etc.), has goals and is striving to meet them, and most importantly, someone who I don't feel pressure to change myself for. If I can genuinely have a great time with him, and not have to worry about how I look or if I'm saying the right things, that's pretty awesome. I just want someone who makes me the best possible version of myself.

Things I don't want: Car obsessions and lame excuses, i.e. "I don't open up easily".
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  9. Senior Member
    This might sound odd, but I wanted someone who "just fit in" with me and my family. Meaning, I had a missing puzzle piece for a long time and DH fit it perfectly. Honestly, it seems like we should have known each other our entire lives and sometimes feels that way, but it's only been (almost) 2 years.

He's sweet, caring, silly, fun, good provider, protective, intelligent, etc.
  10. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Attraction (must be taller than me -- 5'10"+)
    Educated -- I crave intellectual stimulation and discourse so it's pretty much a must that my partner be able to carry on such conversations.
    Intelligent
    Preferably a nerdy/geeky side - WIN! Nerds are awesome.
    Ambitious
    Creative/artistic
    Forthright
    Loyal
    Fellow cinephile -- a must. He must love sci-fi, fantasy, superhero and action movies. Basically, if he's into Cons -- Dragon/Comic, he's at the front of the line.
    Sense of humor
    Goofy
    Sensitive
    Compassionate
    *Very* similar spiritual and political beliefs

I scored with B. We look like polar opposites, but we're nearly identical. He looks very nerdy/geeky. A former educator and principal, computer nerd/programmar, writer and super movie and music nerd. His hair is about my length, bob, cut in layers and he wears cool nerd glasses. I'm moderately inked and don't "look" the part at all. He looks very clean cut, though laid back. People sometimes give us looks.
    Pax, Aeon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast