Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was one of the best weekends we've ever had!

1. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries

Cloud 9 It was one of the best weekends we've ever had!

Advertisements
    This weekend was absolutely amazing! As y'all know DH has PTSD, so there are major mood swings and he generally doesnt like to be around large crowds because it makes him extremely anxious and paranoid. But this weekend proved that he is making huge strides at getting better and managing his PTSD.

I had 5 days off this weekend because we were supposed to go to the ball on Thursday. Well come Thursday afternoon DH doesn't want to get up and get ready and instead is kinda being a jerk about it. So I get upset. Well then he finally sits down with me and tells me that he feels bad because he knows how excited I am about going but that he really doesnt want to go because none of the guys he actually gets along with are going. So we'd be stuck sitting with his LT who he most definitely does not get along with. He tells me that if I really want to go we will but that he knows he wont have a good time and doesnt think I'll have as much fun as he wants me too. So I tell him that I would rather us doing something together that we would both enjoy and spend our time together having fun instead of him miserable at the ball.

So instead ....he starts planning a great weekend for us because he wants to make up for not taking me to the ball.

Soooo .....thursday night we went and traded my car in and got me a 2013 Dodge Dart ...which I am absolutely in love with and could not have afforded without DH's help.

Then DH planned a trip to Knotts Berry farm for us on Saturday. We had such an amazing time. We ran around just laughing and having a blast. He wont me a bunch of stuffed animals at the little "carnival games" that they have there. We went and had one of those character drawings done, which is hilarious and amazing! All kinds of fun things. We both had such a great time!

Then DH FINNNAALLLYYYY helped me hang all our pictures. So we have all our wedding pictures and stuff up and our place finally feels like a cozy home!

We were gonna go horseback riding on monday but DH wasnt feeling very good. He had a rough night. He was sleep walking for a good 2-3 hours causing complete havoc in the apartment and making me completely crazy! So we are supposed to go this weekend instead.

I'm just still in complete bliss over this weekend. It was truly such an amazing weekend. DH was in a great mood 98% of the time and we had so much fun! It was soo soo soo needed!!

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

Come Check us out... Items designed for MilSo's!!
    Operation Military Sweethearts
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Aww, I'm glad you all had an awesome weekend, and that he's making progress
  3. Senior Member
    sounds like an awesome weekend!
    So close your eyes and sleep to dream. I'm by your side. No words to speak. We'll set our course and make it through. No matter how far, my heart remains with you.
    ~ Loving Army Girlfriend
  4. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    Thank you!

Besides just having so much fun this weekend, I think what gets me the most is seeing his progress it is so amazing! We still have bad days but he's doing so much better then he was 1 year ago ....or even 6 months ago!

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

5. Senior Member
    Sorry you didn't get to go to your ball but it sounds like you guys had a really fun weekend! And it sounds like he tried really really hard to make it up to you which is super sweet
  6. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_mama View Post
    Sorry you didn't get to go to your ball but it sounds like you guys had a really fun weekend! And it sounds like he tried really really hard to make it up to you which is super sweet
    he definitely did. He felt really bad! But I totally understand why he didnt want to go ..and hey now I have a dress all ready for the next one!

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkyLee View Post
    he definitely did. He felt really bad! But I totally understand why he didnt want to go ..and hey now I have a dress all ready for the next one!
    Win/win? Kind of?
  8. Senior Member
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I'm glad you had a good time!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

thats soo great to hear! I'm glad things are getting better for him and for you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast