Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: S/O - sorta of whose responsible when a spouse cheats: when was the.....

1. Banned
    Banned

S/O - sorta of whose responsible when a spouse cheats: when was the.....

Advertisements
    last time you "boosted" your SO's ego?
    like telling him/her that they are awesome, or the best SO alive ect.

and secondly in your relationship do you make a concerted effort to tell your partner things like this on a reg basis?

and lastly: if you do not , why not?
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Last time would be last night on FB. I do make an effort to try to do it every day. He is the kind of guy that likes to hear when he is doing well, so I absolutely 'praise' him when he is. I think its important to build up your SO as often as you can.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Adding my answer to my own question:

I tell him almost every day how great he is or how lucky I am to have him in my life. We have been together 16 years and I think there has not been a day that has gone by that I have not told him something like this.

And no, he does not say the same every day, but usually at least once a week he will tell me something along those lines.

I was wondering if we were unusual or if doing this is the norm.
  4. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I sent B a fairly long e-mail listing all of his wonderful characteristics and attributes and why they make him who he is. I've always made it a point to be supportive and uplifting.
    Pax, Aeon
  5. Senior Member
    I think I tell him pretty much everyday. I don't put effort into it, it just comes out because he is the best husband in the world
  6. Senior Member
    I try, but sometimes I am so annoyed I forget
  7. Senior Member
    I try to "praise" him daily, but it doesn't always work out that way. At least 2-3 times a week though.
  8. Senior Member
    I tell him he's handsome almost every day but I only tell him he's a good husband sometimes. Mostly because he is only a good husband sometimes, and other times he's a mean jerk and doesn't deserve to be praised.
  9. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    last time you "boosted" your SO's ego?
    like telling him/her that they are awesome, or the best SO alive ect.

and secondly in your relationship do you make a concerted effort to tell your partner things like this on a reg basis?

and lastly: if you do not , why not?
    Last time? Well-- in person, it was this past weekend. But I write him letters every day and I always include things like how lucky I am, how he's my rock, how proud of him I am for his accomplishments, how my I appreciate the effort he puts into being a good husband and provider, and obviously, how desperately in love with him I am.

I absolutely make a concerted effort because 1) he's worth it, 2) I am 99% of the time feeling exactly that way so I express it, and 3) he's never had someone to really cheer him on before in terms of previous romantic or even family relationships.

And for anyone who does not but wants to-- I actually picked up an awesome book last night called, "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" by Schlessinger. It's actually really good! A lot of the stuff is "no brainer" type things but she includes a lot of the arguments and excuses she's heard people give over the years for NOT doing this stuff. I'm also waiting on the arrival of "Happier at Home" by Rubin.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I do every day, it's over fb chat but still . He does at least once a week, he is not a very romantic person so I don't expect it as much from him, but I know he appreciates me, he just shows it in different ways.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast