Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Suspense is Killing Me!!!!

1. Regular Member

Jump for Joy The Suspense is Killing Me!!!!

Advertisements
    So, about a month and a half ago, DB ordered my ring. We were told shipping would be 3-5 business days after the order date and we would recieve it within a week after that due to us being over seas in England. We were positive I would have it before I came to visit my family. Anyways, it took them over two weeks to send it, after multiple calls asking where it was and why it had not shipped. It finally did, then it took three days from posting the shipping info before it even actually got into circulation. We thought it might manage to still make it before I flew back to the States to visit family. Theeeeeen Hurricane Sandy hit and all mail coming over was at a stand still.

I flew back with no ring and crazy emotional as I was missing DB like crazy. I've been back four days and DB texts that its here! My anticipation, of course, sky rockets. I asked for a picture and what do I get? A picture of the jewelers box! That man is such a tease! He then asks if I like it the only thing I can do is laugh tell him how mean he is. I have 23 days before I fly back and the suspense to see the ring we picked out and to see how he proposes is killing me!!!

Hope my family doesn't mind a crazy excited person today.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Congratulations that you'll be engaged soon!

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    it will be well worth the wait congratulations !
  4. Regular Member
    Thank you both I have a feeling he will cave and send me pics before I get back lol I went today and checked to see about getting my grandfathers wedding ring resized for him as well so I'm a happy girl.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    awww have you all picked a date yet ?
  6. Regular Member
    No date set yet, we both aren't into the idea of much of a ceremony though. We have discussed doing a court house wedding while in England though. The marriage certificate is still valid here in the States as well.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    aw that's cool my boyfriend's older brother (also an army man) and his wife did a court marriage first and they just had their actual ceremony this past July....it was beautiful . Plus, weddings aren't for everyone lol . Too much time and money anyways .
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Aww! We got married overseas too (Japan). Congratulations!
  9. Regular Member
    Ioverton, we had talked about doing a courthouse wedding then doing an actual ceremony once we PCS back to the States but like you said, too much time and money to me. He did cave and show me the ring today when we skyped though

MightyMouse, thank you! Did you do an actual ceremony or a courthouse style? We have talked about setting up our iPads so people at home could watch on Skype so I was wondering how you included people from home?
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    awwwwww that's so exciting ! I bet its gorgeous ! and yeah . that's why I told my DB I can wait for him to get back from deployment . I'd rather just do one wedding marriage thing . I mean once you've made it official what's the point in putting on a show ? But I suppose it would be nice to have both families together and stuff to celebrate....but we could just have a BBQ or something xD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast