Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got to see DH & thank you to my MSOS family

1. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey

Cloud 9 Got to see DH & thank you to my MSOS family

Advertisements
    After all my whining, bitching and pouty-faced moping for the better part of Saturday, I finally got to see my DH! It was amazing, and wonderful and over way too quickly... But I am still glowing. It was so nice to feel like "me" again-- to not have to try to keep a tough girl exterior and to be as lovey and smushy as I wanted.

As if we weren't lovey enough, DH and I sat down and *finally* picked our pics from the wedding for our album and prints!!!

I would follow that man anywhere. (My inner feminist is right now, but my inner romantic just told her to STFU and deal with it).

For those of you who have supported me as I've tried to get my "LDR" bearings, who have checked in, chatted, sent hugs, comforted me when I was destroyed about having to cancel the week prior, and have generally tolerated my whining... Thank you all so much. I you ladies (and dudes).

P.S. - I get to go back this weekend! My birthday is this Friday and my mother said that she knew seeing DH would mean more to me than any other sort of gift.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I'm so glad you got to spend time with your honey!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?

I'm so happy for you!
    Pax, Aeon
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Happy early Birthday! That's an awesome present!!

“It always seems impossible until it's done.”
    ― Nelson Mandela
  5. Senior Member
    So excited for you and your man!! Have you decided how the two of you will spend your birthday?
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    YAY
    Aww so happy for you

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.
    -Albert Einstein

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    After all my whining, bitching and pouty-faced moping for the better part of Saturday, I finally got to see my DH! It was amazing, and wonderful and over way too quickly... But I am still glowing. It was so nice to feel like "me" again-- to not have to try to keep a tough girl exterior and to be as lovey and smushy as I wanted.

As if we weren't lovey enough, DH and I sat down and *finally* picked our pics from the wedding for our album and prints!!!

I would follow that man anywhere. (My inner feminist is right now, but my inner romantic just told her to STFU and deal with it).

For those of you who have supported me as I've tried to get my "LDR" bearings, who have checked in, chatted, sent hugs, comforted me when I was destroyed about having to cancel the week prior, and have generally tolerated my whining... Thank you all so much. I you ladies (and dudes).

P.S. - I get to go back this weekend! My birthday is this Friday and my mother said that she knew seeing DH would mean more to me than any other sort of gift.
    I'm like that too! I'm so glad to read such a happy post. Congrats to you
  8. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneSays View Post
    So excited for you and your man!! Have you decided how the two of you will spend your birthday?
    Nope. Haha... Got any more recommendations? That Brazilian steakhouse was spot-on. I honestly don't care if we just order a pizza and geek out talking about randomness like we normally do at home or if we actually go out and do something. I suppose we could drive or take the metro into DC since I do know my way around fairly well. But DH is not as much a city person as I am, and I think he just likes having some quiet non-USMC time on the weekends, so I don't want to do anything too crazy. Getting to see him is my present. The rest is just bonus points.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    Nope. Haha... Got any more recommendations? That Brazilian steakhouse was spot-on. I honestly don't care if we just order a pizza and geek out talking about randomness like we normally do at home or if we actually go out and do something. I suppose we could drive or take the metro into DC since I do know my way around fairly well. But DH is not as much a city person as I am, and I think he just likes having some quiet non-USMC time on the weekends, so I don't want to do anything too crazy. Getting to see him is my present. The rest is just bonus points.
    Hmmm... DB and I went to a chili restaurant that was awesome. I forget the name of it, but if I ask J he'll know what it's called. He went there a lot when he lived in DC too and it's delicious. It has things like tator tot chili and stuff, so it's not exactly healthy, but I bet it would taste delicious this time of year. Another weekend we did pizza and just ate it in the room and that was super fun too. We watched movies and just spent time talking and catching up, and it was honestly my favorite weekend we spent together. You really can't go wrong either way.

If you are breakfast people though, you HAVE to go to the Silver Diner. They have milkshakes for breakfast (again, no where near healthy) and some really fresh, delicious breakfast food. I highly recommend it!
  10. Moderator

I'm happy for you!

When my good friend's husband was up there for that, she went up a couple of weekends too. I know it made a huge difference for the both of them. I'm glad you are able to see him!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast