Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How comfortable would you be?

1. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?

Question How comfortable would you be?

Advertisements
    I'm guessing this is the place for this.

Okay, so a friend of mine classifies himself as bisexual (or pansexual), though he's more like a 4-5 on the Kinsey scale. There's a woman he's pretty smitten about. He adores her and is extremely attracted to her.

For those who would/could date a bisexual man, would this be a problem? His being "mostly gay"?
    Pax, Aeon
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think, as long as he is a faithful "mostly gay" man, I could not care less. But that rule applies to any sexual orientation for me.
  3. Senior Member
    As long as he's faithful, there'd be no problem for me.
  4. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandiLynn View Post
    I think, as long as he is a faithful "mostly gay" man, I could not care less. But that rule applies to any sexual orientation for me.
    Yeah. That's how I feel, too. He did express that he thought it would be a problem, as many aren't as accepting of bisexual men as they are women, you know?
    Pax, Aeon
  5. Senior Member
    I don't think I would care as long as he is faithful. Could he be thinking that he might not be "manly" enough for the girl he likes?
  6. Senior Member
    It would be a problem for me. Then again, I would not be able to date a bisexual man, so I'm not sure I'm part of the demographic you're looking for.
  7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CandiLynn View Post
  8. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I'd be fine with me, as long as he is communicative, kind, and respectful. DF is a 2-3 anyways, so it really doesn't matter to me.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  9. ...and carry a towel.
    ...and carry a towel.
    For me, I think for me it would depend on how he acts. Like, I like gay men, but gay men who act very feminine and stereotypically gay (like, say, my last hairdresser) are just totally unattractive to me as sexual partners. Which is fine, since they feel the same about me

But the point is, if he acts gay in this way, I think this could be an issue. Otherwise, from my perspective, as long as he's faithful and she finds him attractive and interesting, I think there shouldn't be any problems.

Naturally one thing that is made trickier in such situations is the "no friends of the opposite sex" rule some couples have. If she is someone who is uncomfortable with him being friends with people who he could develop an attraction to, well, for a bisexual man that would SEVERELY limit the potential friend pool, basically to just lesbian women. Which is untenable, obviously. So this could be an issue they need to clarify.
  10. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    It would be a problem for me. Then again, I would not be able to date a bisexual man, so I'm not sure I'm part of the demographic you're looking for.
    This is me as well. I have no issues whatsoever with his lifestyle but I could only be with a straight man.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast