Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DB planning the first date

1. Love is friendship on fire
    Love is friendship on fire
    Blog Entries

DB planning the first date

Advertisements
    So technically DB and I never officially went on our first date since we got back together. There was just so much going on and so many people to see when he came back home after being gone for 8 months. We were talking last night and he said he wanted us to go on our official first date this coming weekend when I drive home from school and he comes home from his duty station. (he is only about 5 hours away from our hometown) The funny thing is I told him he had to plan it...on his own without my help. I guess I want to see his creativity, but he got a little flustered and pouted he finally agreed and was like "I can't promise it will be good and blah blah blah" but I told him it was the thought that counted. Now he won't tell me what he is planning and says "You wanted a surprise...that's exactly what it is going to be" oh lord lol

Have you ever made your SO plan a date without your help? I have come to the conclusion that boys are not as creative as girls, but when they try it is so adorable.
    "Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire."
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

"Trust in the lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding."
    Proverbs 3:5
  2. Regular Member
    Haha! that's so true!! Luckly, my DB and I usually double date with his sister and her husband and she comes up with lots of fun stuff to do. Guys always whine about that.. it's as if they think we're expecting something crazy. Sometimes it's just nice to not have to pick the restaurant. Guys don't get that.. if it's something out of the ordinary, such as planning it themselves, then it completely throws them off! I'll be curious to see what he comes up with! lol You better update it!
  3. Senior Member
    DB loves to do that to me, he did it for Valentines day and it ended up being really fun! We went to a murder mystery play. Just the fact that he got on google to find something different was enough for me!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DF planned our first date together. He took me downtown for our first date. We went for a walk on the walking bridge, sat by a secluded area near the Cumberland River so we could talk, took me to a little ice cream shop and brought me to Fort Nashborough since I dig historic crap like that. I loved it! It was simple and sweet

FaceSpace
    Instagramy Goodness

AmandaA is my wifey-cakes ~ katebugg07 is my mistress

5. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

I made DF do this once last spring. I said we had gotten "lazy" since we moved in together. He planned/made reservations for dinner at a nice restaurant. That was it

So we went across the street and walked around the bookstore, which led to us finding the astrology section and talking about psychics and palm readers...which led to realizing I had never been to one, so he looked them up and we went and got our fortunes read together

It was a blast!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    DF's idea of planning a date pretty much is just staying home or MAYBE going out to dinner. But, I don't mind planning stuff since I'm better at finding things to do.

ETA: Oh yeah, he did take me to an airshow once. That was fun, but it was the only date that he's ever picked out.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by takenheart View Post
    So technically DB and I never officially went on our first date since we got back together. There was just so much going on and so many people to see when he came back home after being gone for 8 months. We were talking last night and he said he wanted us to go on our official first date this coming weekend when I drive home from school and he comes home from his duty station. (he is only about 5 hours away from our hometown) The funny thing is I told him he had to plan it...on his own without my help. I guess I want to see his creativity, but he got a little flustered and pouted he finally agreed and was like "I can't promise it will be good and blah blah blah" but I told him it was the thought that counted. Now he won't tell me what he is planning and says "You wanted a surprise...that's exactly what it is going to be" oh lord lol

Have you ever made your SO plan a date without your help? I have come to the conclusion that boys are not as creative as girls, but when they try it is so adorable.
    Me too. I think the only thing DH ever planned for us was when I went to visit him in Alaska when we were just dating. Other than that, it's always been me planning things. hmph.

Quote Originally Posted by CBaria View Post
    Haha! that's so true!! Luckly, my DB and I usually double date with his sister and her husband and she comes up with lots of fun stuff to do. Guys always whine about that.. it's as if they think we're expecting something crazy. Sometimes it's just nice to not have to pick the restaurant. Guys don't get that.. if it's something out of the ordinary, such as planning it themselves, then it completely throws them off! I'll be curious to see what he comes up with! lol You better update it!
    YES! I hate the "well what do you want? I'm good with anything you want to eat." While it's sweet he wants to have my input, I doubt that's the reason he asks. lol Is it too much to ask for once a month to have DH plan out a date? I think not...

Quote Originally Posted by roxieluvs View Post
    DB loves to do that to me, he did it for Valentines day and it ended up being really fun! We went to a murder mystery play. Just the fact that he got on google to find something different was enough for me!
    That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Luz*de*su*Vida View Post
    I made DF do this once last spring. I said we had gotten "lazy" since we moved in together. He planned/made reservations for dinner at a nice restaurant. That was it

So we went across the street and walked around the bookstore, which led to us finding the astrology section and talking about psychics and palm readers...which led to realizing I had never been to one, so he looked them up and we went and got our fortunes read together

It was a blast!
    That sounds fun!
  8. Love is friendship on fire
    Love is friendship on fire
    Blog Entries
    apparently he resorted to asking his mom and stepdad for input this could be really interesting. It is suppose to happen Saturday night so yes I will definitely update!

I agree about how they thing we expect so much from them...I am perfectly happy with a stay at home date where he picks the movie!

OMGitsDANIKA: I noticed you are living in Nashville! That is where I am from...fun town to have a date
    "Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire."
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

"Trust in the lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding."
    Proverbs 3:5