Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do you ever look up your ex SO online or visit their Facebook page?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I never look up my ex (or their current SO) on the internet.

26 30.59%
  • I occasionally look up my ex on the internet.

49 57.65%
  • I look up my ex very frequently.

5 5.88%
  • I look up my ex AND their current SO.

9 10.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Do you ever look up your ex SO online or visit their Facebook page?

1. Senior Member

Poll: Do you ever look up your ex SO online or visit their Facebook page?

Advertisements
    I know this is probably pretty common behavior, but I'm curious to see just how common it is. I personally might look at an ex's facebook once in a blue moon, and it's not because I have any interest in getting back together. I just get curious as to what they are doing these days... it honestly ends there. I guess I'm just nosy

Does anyone else engage in this kind of behavior? I happen to know that DB's ex checks up on my Facebook every now and then. I won't say how I know, but I know, and I'm 100% positive she does it every couple of months. I have no idea why but it doesn't really bother me, since if I wanted certain things to be private I would just make them private or block her. I just honestly don't care.

So one last question, do any of you take it a step further and check out who your ex's are currently involved with? And if so, why? Have you ever known that someone from the past was creeping on your facebook page or any other site you use on the internet? If you vote in the poll, I'm really curious to know what the motives are and how you feel about it.
  2. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Not really. I think I might have when FB first came out, but I have been with MF since before facebook existed. And I am not friends with them anymore. Not for any reason, we just drifted apart.
  3. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    No and no. I don't care enough to do any of that They're not in my life for a reason.

I have a friend who does this ALL THE TIME with her ex. She looks him up on facebook, then texts me about how horrible he looks and how miserable his life is.

4. -----<3-----
    -----<3-----

I rarely check up on exes, if I do it's just like I would check up on people I used to be friends with: just to see what they are doing and how there life is going. When DH and I first started dating I facebook stalked his ex a lot because I felt like I didn't deserve him and I needed to prove to myself that I was better than her. I really felt like she was prettier than me and smarter than me and I wanted to know what would keep him with me if he broke up with her. It was stupid and I've grown out of it now.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    No and no. I don't care enough to do any of that They're not in my life for a reason.

I have a friend who does this ALL THE TIME with her ex. She looks him up on facebook, then texts me about how horrible he looks and how miserable his life is.
    that's funny... it sounds like she is trying to reaffirm that she's better off without him.
  6. I'm coming home to you
    I'm coming home to you
    I mean this really depends.
    A lot of my ex's and I are still friends. So, yeah, of course I look up their facebook. But, at this point, it would basically be like me visiting my other friend's facebook.

Actually I don't think I'm not friends with any of my ex's, to be honest. So, again, yeah I do check their facebook, but again, just because we're friends. Not because I'm like, checking up on them
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I have had exes do it to me (mostly exDF), and I did once to exDB just to verify that he made it home safe from deployment, but otherwise, no. I have my own life and they are EXes for good reason. However, I am also of the camp that I can't maintain friendships with exes, so , guess that explains a lot about me...I am happy with DH and that is that.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Special View Post
    I have had exes do it to me (mostly exDF), and I did once to exDB just to verify that he made it home safe from deployment, but otherwise, no. I have my own life and they are EXes for good reason. However, I am also of the camp that I can't maintain friendships with exes, so , guess that explains a lot about me...I am happy with DH and that is that.
    I'm on the same boat as you, I've never stayed in touch with an ex. Once things were over I just never felt like I could maintain a normal friendship with the person, and I always felt like it would interfere with being able to move on and date other people. I never quite understand how people are able to maintain normal friendships after breaking up, but to each his own!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Well I only went on one date with someone else before DH and we decided we would be much better friends, never even kissed. So he is my facebook friend and he and my other friend will be married in a few months. I don't consider him an ex though so I guess my answer is no . Where is the 'other' option?!
  10. Senior Member
    I don't have any exes to look up, but a couple of guys from college I went out with once or twice. Like the OP said, it's once in a blue moon when I think about it and will look them up on Facebook just to see how they're doing.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast