Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DB is just too good to me

1. Senior Member

DB is just too good to me

Advertisements
    I love DB very much. He does so much for me, emotionally/physically/financially. He's truly amazing. He's always trying to take care of me in every aspect.

A few months back my laptop kicked the bucket. Being a full time student this has been really stressful because I couldn't afford to purchase a new one. Renting ones from school is always rough because I only have a certain amount of time with it and returning it is a hassle.

DB just bought me a laptop as an early Christmas present. It should arrive today I him for it because it is an incredibly thoughtful gift. Yet, I told him I feel guilty accepting it because I cannot financially afford to buy him anything great.

He told me that he had ordered himself a laptop and then felt guilty that he had two working computers and I had none so he ordered me one too It's sweet but I feel like I shouldn't accept it

I know, I"m crazy. He's always telling me that it's so hard to buy me anything because I'm always telling him to NOT get me stuff I've thanked him and I"m being appreciative but I still feel guilty

Am I crazy for feeling that way??
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Don't feel guilty! That is so nice of him!

life's a party, rock your body
  3. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

Awe that is sweet! You've guys have been together long enough that a gift like that is ok to accept. He knew you needed it so think of it as more of the thought that counts & not the cost. As for doing something for him. Never look at it as having to match him. Just find something he would really appreciate you doing & do that. That can be anything from making him something to something he needs. Remember it's the thought that counts. He loves you so whatever you do for him will be loved. Hope that makes sense.

4. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifromdablok View Post
    Awe that is sweet! You've guys have been together long enough that a gift like that is ok to accept. He knew you needed it so think of it as more of the thought that counts & not the cost. As for doing something for him. Never look at it as having to match him. Just find something he would really appreciate you doing & do that. That can be anything from making him something to something he needs. Remember it's the thought that counts. He loves you so whatever you do for him will be loved. Hope that makes sense.

life's a party, rock your body
  5. Senior Member
    Sounds like you have yourself a keeper! I would just make sure and try and do as many extra special things for him. Even if its not as expensive as a laptop. Send him a card tell him you and thinking about him, picnic with his favorite foods, Do stuff that he enjoys. Thats why I do for DH.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifromdablok View Post