Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So proud of myself, and Df is amazing

1. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...

Love So proud of myself, and Df is amazing

Advertisements
    I normally don't post a lot things about my Df and our relationship but I wanted to share this with y'all.

As you all know I am in recovery from e.d. And have been on the right track for 2 years, mostly due to the fact that Df has been my constant cheerleader and biggest supporter.

But, I have still had a huge problem with eating normal foods. Even though I am a bigger girl, I have still been paralyzed by fear when it comes to gaining any more weight. I would still only eat salads with no dressing,nuts,crutons,meat of any kind (basically only lettuce and veggies) or steamed veggies or fruit. I refused protein of any kind, but I would still pig out on unhealthy foods that wouldn't fill me up (chips,candy etc) to avoid feeling guilty when full.

Df would constantly offer bits of his "normal" food and tell me how happy he was, after I ate it, that I ate it, and encouraged me to eat a little more.

Well in the past month, I went from making him a lager portion for dinner and eating off his plate only (again I know, but I felt less guilty that way) to actually making myself a small plate of normal healthy foods

When we went out to restaurants while home, I'd order a sandwich, or a salad with chicken etc. When I was home with my parents, I ate what they made for dinner instead of making myself a salad . I had chili, hamburger helper, ham etc...

Every night I'd tell Df what I ate, and he'd tell me how very proud he was, and throughout the day he'd say it again, out of the blue, to encourage me .

I am so proud of myself to overcome this huge hurdle, and i am such a lucky girl to have Df in my life.
  2. Senior Member
    that is great to hear!!!

So glad you have a great support system
  3. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    *I* am proud of you! I know we don't "know" each other well or anything, but I do remember your past posts about ED, and it makes me so happy to read about your progress!! And your DF sounds like an absolute GEM!!!!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm glad that good foods are getting easier for you, hun. And I'm really happy that you've found such amazing support.
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    that soooo great! I'm very proud of you too!!

I hate that you refer to yourself as a bigger girl, you're perfect and gorgeous! I would you in a heartbeat! (and my DF has a crush on you...just sayin' )

6. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    This makes me so happy to hear. I am literally tearing up about it . You are such an amazing & beautiful young woman and you deserve the best for everything- including the food you put in your body. Keep going hun- you are doing so well and are so gorgeous and are only going to get better.
  7. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    I'm totally about this. I'm so proud of you and everything that you have accomplished! You are an amazings, strong woman.. and I am so happy that you have someone like your DF in your life.
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    You're amazing.

life's a party, rock your body
  9. Senior Member
    you, Candice
  10. Senior Member
    That's so wonderful. So glad you have such a good support system in your DF
    Last edited by bdizzle; 11-02-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast