Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm in like.

1. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries

I'm in like.

Advertisements
    I've had a 'crush' on a coworker for a while now. There's been some flirting, ridiculous banter, cute looks, etc. around the workplace which have been noticed by others. My first week at work, actually, I had a manager tell me she caught us "making eyes at" each other.

Well today I had two other managers get in on it... to the point that when Attractive Coworker and I were in the cash room alone for a few minutes right before I left, the two of them were watching the video screens monitoring said cash room. And they totally gave us both shit when we walked out (separately, I might add). Like, "Hey [Attractive Coworker], you need some cold water in there?"

Anyway. There's been enough flirting over the last month or so that I'm thinking I want to take it one step further. He had asked me to go out with him to hit the local bar scene last night, but none of his friends ended up going, so he said he wasn't going to go.

So I think tomorrow, when we work together, I'm going to ask him on a double date, out dancing with Kris and her man next Saturday. I'm super nervous! Wish me luck, ladies! My tummy is turning over and over.

He's like the male version of me. He has a red beard. (My red hair is one of the main ways I define myself. It might sound silly, but it's true.) He said something to me in Spanish today, which got us on the topic of languages. He said the two languages he's most interested in learning are German (my minor) and Gaelic, because he loves everything Irish. I used to be a competitive Irish step dancer. I took a Gaelic summer class several years ago. I've always wanted to honeymoon in Ireland. My room at my parents' house is decorated in Irish wall hangings; the only coffee table book I have is of Ireland. I have a 365-day calendar of... you guessed it. Photos of Ireland.

The more I learn about him, the more I like him. And maybe if we actually go out on a quasi-date together, the managers will stop giving us shit.

Wish me luck / balls / whatever you have, please!
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  2. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Eek! Good luck! I hope you have a lot of fun. Make sure to post all the date details!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Good luck!
  5. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonsGirl View Post
    Eek! Good luck! I hope you have a lot of fun. Make sure to post all the date details!
    Oops. Forgot to mention that I might have an ulterior motive there, too! We have a mandatory 6AM meeting at work the next day. So since he lives 45 minutes away, obviously it would make the most sense to crash at my house.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Good luck!!
  7. Senior Member
    Good luck!
  8. Senior Member
    Good luck lady!
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
  9. Yo siempre estaré a su princesa
    Yo siempre estaré a su princesa
    oh oh sounds good i wish u the best of luck and all my fingers are crossed.. let us know how it worked out
  10. Starting over...
    Starting over...
    wicked exciting!! i'm sure it will turn out just fine, but sending you bravery vibes anyway.

I will do what God asks me to do; I will give God what I cannot do; and no matter what, I will trust the Lord.
    "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast