Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: So heres the deal.

1. Banned
    Banned

So heres the deal.

Advertisements
    They guy I was posted about the other day and I have been spending lots and lots of time together. He is absoulutly amazing. I know that I shouldnt start a realtionship right now I know this but I want to be with him so bad and its very clear that he wants to be with me. We have talked about it and its very clear to both of us that we want to be together but I feel like I shouldnt because I was so set on staying single.

So to make him DB or just stay friends is the question here. I really want to be his girl though. He makes me so happy And he has the sweet southern boy thing going on haha.
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Holy grammar. And seriously?

life's a party, rock your body
  3. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    I don't mean this in a rude way, but I don't know how to word it that doesn't sound mean...

BUT, Didn't you feel like this in the beginning of each of your relationships, only to have them turn out much lower than your expectations?

I guess my point is that you wanted to stay single for a reason, and I don't think the fact that you think he's a great guy really fixes the problem. Reading your posts, you've gone into your relationships feeling this way every time.

I think you are on the right track, trying to stay single and work on yourself. If it's meant to be with this guy, it will workout - even if it means waiting until you're in a better position to be in a relationship.

A picture paints a thousand words, it's true.
    But it's still not enough for how I feel about you.
  4. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    Have you ever heard the saying "Jumping out of the kettle into the fire?" I think its a good idea to take a nice long break. If its meant to be, he will still be there no matter the time.
    Banned
    If he is truly a good guy, and really wants to be with you, he will accept that you aren't ready for a relationship, and won't be in a rush to enter into a relationship, being that you were engaged, and then in another immediately serious relationship, all in the last 6 months.

Obviously you can do what you want, you are a big girl, but if you keep doing everything the same you are going to continue to get the same results.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Have you communicated your intention to stay single to this young man?
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I really think you need to step back and learn how to be your own person and not attached to someone.
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post
    If he is truly a good guy, and really wants to be with you, he will accept that you aren't ready for a relationship, and won't be in a rush to enter into a relationship, being that you were engaged, and then in another immediately serious relationship, all in the last 6 months.

Obviously you can do what you want, you are a big girl, but if you keep doing everything the same you are going to continue to get the same results.
    This is pretty much what I wanted to say.

Also, if you feel you aren't ready for a relationship, spending "lots and lots of time" with someone when there is a mutual attraction doesn't seem like a very good idea.
  9. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    I really think you need to step back and learn how to be your own person and not attached to someone.

From what I've seen you post I feel as if you don't know who you are without a guy. You need to find yourself and how to stand on your own, not attached to another person.

If this guy is really "the one," he's still going to be there.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post

Check out my quote in my siggy. For me it has to do with my weight loss journey, but it applies here too.
    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.
    Been there, done that. Always crashed and burned.
Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast