Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Romantic DB EVER!!

1. Senior Member

Jump for Joy Most Romantic DB EVER!!

Advertisements
    Just to preface, this is a little cheesy but I'm so excited, I HAD to share with someone!

DB and I are LD and have been our entire relationship. I live in the Middle East for my job and he's in Eastern Europe right now. It has been hard, but we work through it and have been lucky enough with my job to be able to be with each other for the big events in life. I just met up with DB last weekend for my birthday in Europe, after not seeing him for just over 2 months. It was the most amazing weekend ever, and certainly the best birthday in my 24 years on this earth. All that said.... DB surprised me RIGHT before we got there with his decision to get me a promise ring (I know... it sounds sort of lame, but coming from him it sounded sweet).

We have talked about these before- other marines he knows who have them and how silly he thinks they are for having them- so I seriously didnt think he would go through with it. On my actual birthday he tells me we're going ring shopping, walks me down the street to this little local shop and picks out a ring he had been eyeing!!!! He even had me pick out a ring for him! Why? Because of the program he is on, he's not allowed to be married until he completes the program and he still has 1.5 years left. For him, that was too long to go without a ring on my finger and one on his showing the world how much we love and are committed to each other. I completely with shock when I saw the ring! And the ring is so beautiful! See (the bracelet next to it is what he got me for my birthday):

Thanks for letting me share!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yay!!!! That is soo sweet!! My relationship and yours is pretty much the same. DB is deployed and our whole relationship has been LD. But I got a package one day and it was a promise ring! Sooo promise rings are soo not lame but lovely!! So happpy for you!!
  3. *Live Free or Die* New Hampshire born & raised <3
    *Live Free or Die* New Hampshire born & raised <3

pretty!

i got a promise ring last Christmas from DB.
    just woke up and it was on my finger
  4. I'm Cristina!
    I'm Cristina!
    aww!! That's so awesome!!
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    that's sweet.

6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    That's so sweet!

Just out of curiosity, to those of you with a promise ring: What is the difference between having a promise ring and being engaged? Is the promise your making different/less serious? I've never really totally understood promise rings vs engagement rings.
  7. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

Happy for you!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcatsgirl18 View Post

pretty!

i got a promise ring last Christmas from DB.
    just woke up and it was on my finger
    That is SUCH a great way to give it to you!! I love your ring, it is really pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by jaimie14 View Post
    That's so sweet!

Just out of curiosity, to those of you with a promise ring: What is the difference between having a promise ring and being engaged? Is the promise your making different/less serious? I've never really totally understood promise rings vs engagement rings.

Speaking just for myself, the difference between an engagement and promise ring is small, but important. Yes, we know we are going to get married one day, but no we are not at a point we can do that yet. For us, because we have never lived in the same place, we want to wait until we are with each other day to day before we decide to make it "official" with an engagement ring. We're both very cautious that way. We also made promises other than the "i'll wait for you" promise- something that makes the promise ring so much more special than an engagement ring for me.
  9. *Live Free or Die* New Hampshire born & raised <3
    *Live Free or Die* New Hampshire born & raised <3
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie14 View Post
    That's so sweet!

i was still in high school when he gave me mine.... it was just a sweet gesture to show that the relationship was serious enough to get through our first deployment and me going to college! it was like a military-influence promise ring
  10. glad to be back.
    glad to be back.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast