Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LDRs-- What's good about them?

1. verabot89
    verabot89

LDRs-- What's good about them?

Advertisements
    Lots, if not most of us here are in LDRs or have been at some point or another (stupid deployment...).

So as part of my new effort of being positive... let's talk about what's good about them! How they can help our relationships, or enhance them, or bring us closer together with our SOs.

With me and Chris... we've uncovered issues we didn't previously know that we had, but we also have been given the opportunity to work through them and understand each other a lot better than we would have otherwise. And I think we treasure each other more.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

2. Banned
    Banned
    Improve communications and show desire/depth of commitment.
  3. Senior Member
    With us, living part for a while really helped make our relationship healthier. We were totally codependent. We both learned a lot about ourselves, and what we are capable of. We both grew up some. While we still treasure each other, we know we can be alone, and I think that is important to know. I feel like our relationship is on a stronger foundation than it was. And now I know for sure that we are together because we love each other, not because we need each other.

That said, I really wish he was home right now to take the garbage out for tomorrow morning. It's cold, rainy, and that's a boy job!
  4. H.A.M. since 1987
    H.A.M. since 1987
    Blog Entries
    the biggest one for me is it forces [for lack of better term] communication..a lot of my friends' relationships that are close never really talk about things they feel or random every day things (if that really makes any sense). being in a LDR has opened me up more to communicate and express my thoughts and feelings even when i don't want to. it's brought us a lot closer because of it.
    "..and we're the 3 best friends that anyone could have."
    briannanoel is the best wifey ever!
  5. verabot89
    verabot89
    Quote Originally Posted by maegan View Post
    With us, living part for a while really helped make our relationship healthier. We were totally codependent. We both learned a lot about ourselves, and what we are capable of. We both grew up some. While we still treasure each other, we know we can be alone, and I think that is important to know. I feel like our relationship is on a stronger foundation than it was. And now I know for sure that we are together because we love each other, not because we need each other.

That said, I really wish he was home right now to take the garbage out for tomorrow morning. It's cold, rainy, and that's a boy job!
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

6. Senior Member
    The best thing about ldr is how you really get to know each emotionally before physical stuff
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Having gotten together so young, I think it has given us the opportunity to grow into ourselves without the pressure of trying to appease each other (if that makes sense). I also think that it proves the strength of our relationship so I don't feel scared to make plans for a future together.

And it means I don't have to shave all that often
  8. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Definitely not having to shave very often!
    Also I kind of like being able to see my friends more than I probably would if DH were home.
  9. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    This may sound bad because I don't know a better way to word it, but it takes all the question out of our relationship for me. I never question if I'm not as in love with him as I think, or vise versa, or anything along those lines. To me, the fact that we are surviving LDR the entire relationship is proof that we are meant to be together. I didn't always have the reassurance in past relationships.

Also, I know that my relationship with DF is completely based on loving eachother for who we are because it's been like 97% based on just talking. We talk everyday, sometimes for hours - and never have trouble keeping conversation or being interested.

A picture paints a thousand words, it's true.
    But it's still not enough for how I feel about you.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    it definately helped our relationship grow with exDF. It taught me committment and loyalty.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast