Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I have a question..."

1. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries

"I have a question..."

Advertisements
    My date night thread got me thinking about other stale things. And I don't mean chips, because those are being inhaled right now...

When your texting, emailing or even phone/skype convos get a bit stale, what are some things you like to talk about to bring back some life into the convo? What are some questions that would make for an interesting discussion? Or what are some things you can talk about to get to know one another on a deeper level?
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made

I can't hold a conversation if my life depended on it... that's why DH & I are so perfect for each other. He talks a lot

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3
    I don't really think you should go "deeper" than average in text. We just talk about whatever we want. Which the majority of the time is me talking, and DH just agreeing. It works for us. hahahahah
  4. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiley. View Post
    I don't really think you should go "deeper" than average in text. We just talk about whatever we want. Which the majority of the time is me talking, and DH just agreeing. It works for us. hahahahah
    Meh, DB and I have some pretty serious convos via text.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I get mushy... lol if its with DB.

I start the ''I miss you so much and can't wait til I see you again, what kind of things will we do" or "You know, I can't stop thinking about the memories we have made and the ones we will make"

But if youre not LDR that doesnt help much.

With other poeple if it gets stale.... i just say "well i've got a ton to do I'll talk to you later''
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiley. View Post
    Are our SO's twins??? It sounds like DB!!! BAHAAAA!!!!!
  7. Regular Member
    not via text (which is not possible because DB doesnt have a internation cell plan ), but yeah through skype.
    DB and I talk about a lot of everything but sometimes we just run out of subjects. However, I found in this website some good advice, maybe you can go ahead and check
    Everyday Better Living - 100 Questions for couples - before marriage, love relationship questions, love question relationship, questions to ask before you marry, couple therapy, fix marriage, couples help, intimate questions to ask your partner, impo
  8. Senior Member
    If the conversation gets stale via text or phone I usually just say bye and carry on with my day.

I don't mean that as a bad thing, I just think sometimes try as you might, it's just not going to happen, and there's nothing wrong with that. I prefer a short and great 2 minute conversation on the phone than one where we have to think about things to talk about for 30 minutes...

I save the deep stuff for face to face or a skype date... texts (to me) just don't seem conducive to deeper things than short and sweet.
  9. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    Well I just mean day after day there really isn't THAT much happening in either of our lives to have that much to talk about, so I'd like to mix it up a bit with some new types of things interjected into our usual conversations.

Thanks for the website, ps. I'll totally check it out.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have ADD, so my husband says that our convos over Skype are never boring.

We talk about anything and everything, though. We've been best friends for 26 years now, though, so things really are never a surprise.

We do tend to talk about different stuff that's in the news. Sometimes if things are insane at his location, he can go days without really knowing what's going on outside of that bubble. If he's having a bad day, I'll go to TMZ or The Sun (a UK tabloid) and pull a weird story and we'll joke around about that. That is new, because we've never been one's to keep up with gossip and crap like that. But it can keep things light if need be.

We also have two teens, one is a Senior in high school applying to colleges, so that provides a ton of conversation.

Our only unwritten rule is we really don't talk much about what is going on at his location. He lives it, and of course I keep up on it through the various news outlets. But we don't really talk about it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast