Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The love dare.........

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The love dare.........

Advertisements
    Sitting here watching Fireproof - wondering if anyone has taken/done the whole "Love Dare" thing.......? We aren't necessarily in trouble, but I wouldn't say we are as good as we could be and we have had some definite rough spots in the last couple of years. Thinking maybe I might try it........
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I did it! It was just me and not DH, because he was in the field for part of the time ... but it was our first year of marriage and we were working out some bumps here and there.

Honestly I really didn't like the Fireproof movie at all, but I think the Love Dare helped both of us (even though I was the only one doing it). I journaled all the dares and gave the journal to DH at the end and I know it meant the world to him. And it has a lot of really good advice, we made some changes that made our marriage even stronger and still to this day I think about it sometimes, what good ideas we implemented.

Sorry if that sounds like a sales pitch!
  3. Senior Member
    I started to. DH and I worked things out in other ways (other books I read) but many of the things we did involved some of the Love Dares. (Not saying something negative when you want to and stuff like that). Definantly wouldn't hurt to try it! (Remember, it has to be a secret to the other person though!)
    LOVIN' MY LIFE AS A MOM AND A WIFE!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yeah, the movie is a bit of a letdown, to say the least -- I had heard soooo much hype about it and happened to see it listed on the guide tonight so I figured I'd check it out. Not impressed with the movie, but the idea of the Love Dare is really intriguing me.
  5. Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    Can someone elaborate on this Love Dare? I'm quite intrigued....
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    WE DID!

The Chaplain of DBs unit did a modified "Deployment" version of the Love Dare and DB and I did it, everyday, together. We were struggling a bit with an issue that should have been resolved prior to DB leaving and it dragged into the deployment. Doing the "Deployment Love Dare" (essentially the same thing - just modified some things where we couldn't be physically with our SO) really helped us.

We haven't watched Fireproof yet.. I have it and I'm waiting for DB to come home to watch it... we kind of want to see it together.

We also both purchased a copy of the original "Love Dare" book and want to do the 40days over again soon. I highly recommend it... even when your relationship is doing well... its reassuring that, "Hey - we already do this!" We knew what our problem was... it was very specific - but it was troubling us - and doing the Love Dare helped get us through it. It didn't magically make our issue disappear - but it helped us focus on us and everything great in our relationship (which was hard with he pressure of deployment for us).
  7. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    DF and I need so much help.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We weren't in trouble & didn't have any issues really at the time but I did it for DH. I am part way through doing it for a 2nd time because it helps to remind me to be kind & considerate to him, etc. Especially when we have a busy life & often times the kids come first.

I recommend it to anyone, whether there are issues or not.
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by LACY1020 View Post
    Can someone elaborate on this Love Dare? I'm quite intrigued....
    Its a 40-day challenge. Every day there is a relationship topic that is discussed. There is a read-up about the issues a lot of couples face and then some ways to improve upon the areas in your own relationship. And finally, every day there is a dare. It could be as simple as giving your SO a compliment on a recent accomplishment... or typical stuff like going over boundaries... or digging deep into the rough stuff and working it out.

The advice is religiously based - but I have read that people who aren't very religious were not turned off by it. It really doesn't get too into it until about the midway point, anyhow.

I loved it... and before DB, I would have never even considered doing something like this. But I love DB so much and what we were dealing with was hurting both of us so bad - especially because we knew if he were home we could hash it out... but while being away and having to work it out - the Love Dare helped so much. Reading and doing our daily dare would turn our day around.

Again, I recommend it
    Last edited by br33; 10-10-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: forgetting words is my forte
  10. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    Is this online? Or where can I find it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast