Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engagement/Couple Photos? Advice please!

1. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!

Engagement/Couple Photos? Advice please!

Advertisements
    So, all of you ladies who have gotten engagement/couple shoots done! Or even wedding!

I am really dissappointed because the ONE thing I was refusing to let slide with DF and I's JOP in December was a nice photo shoot of us after.

We never had an real engagement announcement or anything, so it really means a lot to me. Plus, I know I will want it to look back on someday.

But we just realized that it's actually fairly cold in OK in December (avg 40 degrees F) and all my ideas of a pretty, outside photoshoot of me in a white sundress and him dressed up are kinda out the window. I get cold VERY easily. And at that temp, nothings gonna be green... right?

So, here's where I need your advice! Any ideas on how to salvage the photoshoot idea?!

I really don't want an inside photoshoot in front of a backdrop.. they just aren't my style. But I can think of where inside would be a cute idea...

Or maybe some of you did your shoots in the cold and it wasn't that bad?

A picture paints a thousand words, it's true.
    But it's still not enough for how I feel about you.
  2. Senior Member
    I think you could shoot outside and it might look really nice it looks like you have dark hair which against the snow could make you and ur boo stand out against the white which i always think strong contrast looks nice.

Usually in Dec it's just starting to get into the winter time so you probably could get some good shoots where there is just a pretty white layer on the trees.

You could get a cute jacket with a furry hood and look all eskimoy which i think could be cute and he could get a nice pea coat

You could get some slides involved for whimsicalness or see if you can get an over shoot of you guys standing in a heart made in the snow maybe you can find a place to do a shoot on ice skates outside.

google winter engagement pics there are a lot of really cute ones!! and i think they'll look really cute too because it'll be all about him like keeping you warm and stuff winter is always magical and romantic looking. . .

you could do a carriage ride too if you wanted. Lots of options!

Here we go again.....#3
  3. Senior Member
    Yea I think you could salvage an outside in the cold photos. Just find yourself a cute wedding jacket or stole or something, and or maybe a white sweater dress instead of a sundress. I am sure you can make it work. Talk to some local photographers. Maybe for indoor pictures you could pick a nice restaurant to go to for a meal after the ceremony or a hotel to stay the night at and you could do pictures there

Here are some links to jackets:

Faux Fur Capelet - David's Bridal

Faux Fur Stole - David's Bridal

Satin Mid-Length Cape with Faux Fur Trim - David's Bridal

And some gloves. And you and your SO will have to be snugly in the pictures to stay warm.
    ~ Sara ~
  4. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisheyes36 View Post
    I think you could shoot outside and it might look really nice it looks like you have dark hair which against the snow could make you and ur boo stand out against the white which i always think strong contrast looks nice.

Usually in Dec it's just starting to get into the winter time so you probably could get some good shoots where there is just a pretty white layer on the trees.

You could get a cute jacket with a furry hood and look all eskimoy which i think could be cute and he could get a nice pea coat

You could get some slides involved for whimsicalness or see if you can get an over shoot of you guys standing in a heart made in the snow maybe you can find a place to do a shoot on ice skates outside.

google winter engagement pics there are a lot of really cute ones!! and i think they'll look really cute too because it'll be all about him like keeping you warm and stuff winter is always magical and romantic looking. . .

you could do a carriage ride too if you wanted. Lots of options!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    Yea I think you could salvage an outside in the cold photos. Just find yourself a cute wedding jacket or stole or something, and or maybe a white sweater dress instead of a sundress. I am sure you can make it work. Talk to some local photographers. Maybe for indoor pictures you could pick a nice restaurant to go to for a meal after the ceremony or a hotel to stay the night at and you could do pictures there

Here are some links to jackets:

Faux Fur Capelet - David's Bridal

Faux Fur Stole - David's Bridal

Satin Mid-Length Cape with Faux Fur Trim - David's Bridal

And some gloves. And you and your SO will have to be snugly in the pictures to stay warm.
    Yeah, a jacket might work!

But really, it'd be pants that I'd need. I have poor circulation in my legs, and am cold in 70 degree weather from the waist down.. so, that's really why I feel like I wouldn't be able to wear a dress.

But you guys are right, it will make it more snuggly. I guess I just have to get what I pictured out of my head.

I think maybe I'll try to do a couple outside, and then more inside. Maybe kinda two shoots? One in a dress inside, and the other just in jeans and a cute sweater...

It's hard to find a good inside place though, as I live in NH and not OK! Hahahah

Maybe the photographer will go check places out for us.

5. Senior Member
    What dress are you wearing? If it is floor length you could wear stockings and leggings if your legs won't be seen to keep you warmer.
  6. Senior Member
    Well maybe you could do leggings with a sweater dress? But yea I think you will have to let go the sundress idea as its the wrong season. But I am sure you can figure out something that will work. But I am sure you can figure something out. I feel you on the poor circulation issue.
    ~ Sara ~
  7. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Is there some place you can go with a nice indoor setting, like some nice couches or a fireplace? A lodge or something like that? Then you could shoot some out in the snow and then come in near a fire to warm up and have some romantic soft lit fireplace/lodge shots.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  8. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    What dress are you wearing? If it is floor length you could wear stockings and leggings if your legs won't be seen to keep you warmer.
    I don't wear floor length anything, does NOT work for my body type hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Pixi7272 View Post
    Well maybe you could do leggings with a sweater dress? But yea I think you will have to let go the sundress idea as its the wrong season. But I am sure you can figure out something that will work. But I am sure you can figure something out. I feel you on the poor circulation issue.
    The dress isn't a sundress, it's this dress:
    A-line Strapless Short/ Mini Chiffon Elastic Woven Satin Cocktail Dress - US$ 97.99

In white, obviously. I don't know why I wrote sundress I just meant it's not warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    Is there some place you can go with a nice indoor setting, like some nice couches or a fireplace? A lodge or something like that? Then you could shoot some out in the snow and then come in near a fire to warm up and have some romantic soft lit fireplace/lodge shots.
    A lodgee! I like that idea! I'll have to look into that...

That would look nice!

9. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

there was a member on here a few yrs ago who got married in DEC and had the prettiest wedding pics, I will see if I can find them

10. Vandelay Industries
    Vandelay Industries
    My suggestion would be to look up photographer's sites or blogs and go to their winter shoots. See what other people did, get some ideas.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast