Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: meeting in person...

1. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!

meeting in person...

Advertisements
    There might be a thread about this already, and if there is I'm sorry. For those of you who met your SO online, did you meet them alone for the first time? If you did, did you travel to them or did they come to you? TIA
  2. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    (shhh! neither of our families know we met online....)

The first time we met in person, we met at a restaurant downtown. Then after dinner, left my car there and went together to go bowling and to the movies. Then he took me back to my car

For safety's sake, one of my friends knew where I was going, and I had arranged to text her at certain times through out the night.

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
  3. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    He took leave when he got home from deployment to come see me. I picked him up at the airport with my cousin & her boyfriend. They stayed over by the restaurant while I waited for him at the gate.

But then we had 3 days alone together basically because my mom was in FL visiting my sister & my dad worked nights so he was never really around since he would be sleeping during the day.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  4. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

We didn't meet alone - I brought a friend, and he brought a friend. Actually my entire workplace ended up coming along, but that was NOT planned.

And we only lived like 20 minutes apart so travel wasn't a big deal.

My primary concern was safety. We met and stayed in public places, I had a friend with me (and if I didn't I would have made sure that people knew my plans and timelines), and he didn't know where I was staying the night.
  5. Senior Member
    We met online, but found out before we met that his roommate was my brother's friend from high school, so I knew he was ok. He came to pick me up for our first date/meeting
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  6. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    I have talked to this guy for about a year, and we just recently started talking about meeting since my split with exDB. He tried to tell me he'd come here, but I would honestly rather go to him. I would be going by myself more than likely, so what's your opinion on that?
  7. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Punky77 View Post
    I have talked to this guy for about a year, and we just recently started talking about meeting since my split with exDB. He tried to tell me he'd come here, but I would honestly rather go to him. I would be going by myself more than likely, so what's your opinion on that?
    I think you should do whatever makes you more comfortable, so if you'd rather visit him then go with that. Just make sure people know where you're going, when you're leaving and when you plan to get back, check in regularly, etc.
  8. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!

Sounds risky, IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I think you should do whatever makes you more comfortable, so if you'd rather visit him then go with that. Just make sure people know where you're going, when you're leaving and when you plan to get back, check in regularly, etc.

.. Maybe someone could drive up with you, and do something else around the same area while you meet? That way they're there.. but kinda not.

A picture paints a thousand words, it's true.
    But it's still not enough for how I feel about you.
  9. Senior Member
    When I went on my first date with DH by myself. We both drove separately and met at a restaurant then we drove to the bowling alley and then downtown to a bar to listen to music.

My DH came to me. We lived about an hour and 15 minutes from each other and for me personally I was more comfortable being closer to home. Our second date I drove to him.

I think you should do whatever you are most comfortable with. Personally I would drive separately (like don't go pick him up) so you have an escape route just in the off chance he's a psycho Definitely make sure someone knows where you are going. Plan your date and then plan a "just in case it is going well" location and let someone know where that is too. Our first date only consisted of the Pizza and bowling but we decided ahead of time if we wanted more time together we'd go to that bar to listen to music.
  10. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    How far would you be traveling?

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast