Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Engaged ?

1. Senior Member

Question Engaged ?

Advertisements
    When did y'll consider yourselfs engaged?

I don't think it's till you have a ring on your finger but I know some people think it is once you decide to get married ?
  2. Senior Member
    I don't think you need to have a ring, just one of you needs to have asked the other "So and so, will you marry me?"
  3. Senior Member
    Aaron never did the whole get down on one knee thing. We talked about getting married pretty much right away (we knew we were the other's match) and when we met in person 2 weeks later we both got rings kinda as promise rings which mine turned into my engagement ring and his is his wedding ring. We got married a month later so I don't think we really had an "engagement" period. I think it's once you're asked. Not all couples do engagement rings
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    For me I think it's once you have a ring on your finger. But if you are not planning on getting an engagement ring then I think it's whenever you decide you are getting married. Although since I want a ring I wouldn't consider myself engaged until I had the ring.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I think it's once you're asked. I wouldn't consider myself engaged unless he got down on one knee and asked with a ring but I'm old fashioned like that.
  6. Senior Member
    I think down on one knee with a ring db is saving for a ring
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I considered myself engaged when he talked to my mom, step-dad and little brother and then got down on one knee and asked me. He didn't have a ring at the time but I was still engaged. We were getting married officially.

I now have a ring on my finger because he re-asked me about 2 weeks ago so now I'm officially officially engaged.

Ultimately it's up to the couple, I mean some couples get engaged over the phone or via e-mail/letter

8. Senior Member
    While he was in bootcamp we talked everyday about him proposing on Christmas, it was set in stone, it WAS gonna happen but I still called him boyfriend.

He was fiancé after he gave me a ring and asked me to marry him. I guess you don't need a ring but to me it made it feel official, like the ring closed the deal I guess lol
  9. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Engaged is short for "engaged to be married," so to me two people are engaged when they agree to marry each other.

A ring is just a piece of rock that symbolizes the engagement. Just because there is no symbol doesn't mean that the agreement doesn't exist.

DH proposed on one knee with a ring and that was great for us, but I would never think someone else wasn't engaged just because they chose to do it differently.
  10. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    My husband proposed to me while he was deployed, so there was no ring involved.

Come to think of it he didn't actually "ask" me to marry him, it was more "I love you, I think we should get married when I get home." (they were on standby to immediately deploy again 2 weeks after getting home, and he told that he had this big proposal planned, but he didn't want to deploy again without being married to me)

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast