Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Rebound?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Playin' in the Mountains of good ole Colorado

Rebound?

Advertisements
    So very odd sequence of events. I've been trying my hardest to push everyone away, including a guy my cousin has been trying to get me to at least make it out on one date with. This guy is soooo sweet and is slowly getting to me. ExDB and I had been having issues since May but didn't stop talking until the end of August. I'm just wondering if I moving too fast, when it comes to moving on. I really miss exDB but this new guy has me all sorts of giddy for the simplest reasons.

Someone please tell me I'm not crazy? Should I run? I seriously feel like I'm back in my early 20's having absolutely no clue on what to do in relationships.

I'm suppose to have lunch with him Saturday. I'm pretty sure my stomach is doing flips.
    C8lynsarah is my wifey. She keeps me when life gets bumpy!

"I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I'm doing today?" And whenever the answer has been "NO" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something....almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."
  2. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Only you know if you are moving to fast no one else can answer that for you.

If you are excited about this new guy and want to see where things go with him than by all means DO IT. Enjoy yourself and have a good time. You deserve to have a good time and to be with someone who makes you happy.

If you still aren't over your ex give it a little more time.

It sounds to me though like you want to move on but feel as though you need permission to do so first but the truth is you don't need that. You are free to move on and be happy.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Playin' in the Mountains of good ole Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    Only you know if you are moving to fast no one else can answer that for you.

If you are excited about this new guy and want to see where things go with him than by all means DO IT. Enjoy yourself and have a good time. You deserve to have a good time and to be with someone who makes you happy.

If you still aren't over your ex give it a little more time.

It sounds to me though like you want to move on but feel as though you need permission to do so first but the truth is you don't need that. You are free to move on and be happy.
    I think you just nailed it! It's very odd to me since, I've never been like that. The last six months have been surreal. They've made me question everything I do and say. It's driving me bonkers, because that's not me! Thank you! You are such a sweet addition to this forum! Always a wise thing to say.
    C8lynsarah is my wifey. She keeps me when life gets bumpy!

"I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I'm doing today?" And whenever the answer has been "NO" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something....almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by PositivePrincess View Post
    I think you just nailed it! It's very odd to me since, I've never been like that. The last six months have been surreal. They've made me question everything I do and say. It's driving me bonkers, because that's not me! Thank you! You are such a sweet addition to this forum! Always a wise thing to say.
    Glad I was able to help.

Sometimes a big event like a breakup changes how we evaluate things and throws us off balance for a little bit but it seems like you are getting it back

Enjoy the new guy he sounds like he makes you pretty happy!