Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Marriage Contract"

1. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!

Neener "Marriage Contract"

Advertisements
    So, last night I was discussing with DF that he should enjoy his mustahce time during this seperation because once we are married and together I will refuse to kiss him with one! (I HATEHATEHATE facial hair and kissing. It skeeves me hard! #1 pet peeve.) DF agreed, but said that there should be conditions.

This conversation led us to start drafting a 'Marriage Contract':

I, ___________________, and ___________, agree that upon our marriage the following becomes LAW:
    • All facial hair and shaved head liberties are given up and only redeemed if one of the following is achieved:
    - A gross income of over $200,000 in one year.
    - Become a member of a special opps team.
    - Sell a rap album that sells over 100,000 copies (to someone other than my mother.)
    - Safely streak a Red Sox Game @ Fenway
    - Publish a book over 275 pages
    - Become a hitman or professional swimmer
    - Upon retirement

• In any residence where space is available (Defined by: One living room, one kitchen, one bathroom, and a bedroom for each child and us,) a “MAN Room” will be created. In this man room, the following rules will apply:
    - DH makes all the rules.

• Each member of the marriage is allowed ONE veto (Defined as: The ability to make one executive decision for the coupe) per month.
    • Each member of the marriage will be expected to save $100 each month, unless special circumstances apply and are agreed on.
    • All Boston Professional Sports’ games will hold priority above other programs.
    • ________ agrees to watch ANY and ALL chick flicks desired by ___________.
    DISCLAIMER - This was created at 3am!

(All the facial hair things are one DF thought of as what he considered worth earning mustache privileges )

It's not really serious, obviously! but I thought it was comical. My friends got a kick out of it when I sent it to them.

We're going to keep adding to it here and there until December. I actually think it's kind of a cool way for us to discuss how we hope to live our life together!

Any of you ladies have certain agreements in your marriage that other people might not think of?

A picture paints a thousand words, it's true.
    But it's still not enough for how I feel about you.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    DB and I have a similar contract. It oddly enough started out of debate over facial hair... DB wanted to particiapate in "no shave novemeber" where I said if he thought he could turn into a lumberjack for a month I would particiapate too

We also included things like DB never being able to touch my DVR history after he deleted the whole season of Glee that I was saving for a marathon with my bestie.

He only gets to keep the his man cave if he consitantly takes the garbage out, changes light bulbs when needed, and makes sure to keep the man dirtyness confined to said "Man Cave" and remebers that the purpose of the "Man Cave" is that the rest of my house remains as I like.

I will give DB at least 30 mins of man time when he gets home from work before having him do anything around the house or before making him shower adn change so we can go out unless in the case of an emergency or time restraint.

DB hosts poker night every other friday during which I make my famous nachos and then leave the premis, and allow the boys to have their fun.
    After poker night DB must clean up all evidence of poker night and have my house just as it was before they trashed it.

One night a week is reserved for quite time with eachother during which we both turn off our phones and lap tops and we cook dinner together, rent a movie (alternating weeks that we choose the movie) and spend the night enjoying our alone time.

There is more and we constantly add to it but those are the main points. It started as a joke but we find it actually helps having an agreement.
  3. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesGirl27 View Post
    DB and I have a similar contract. It oddly enough started out of debate over facial hair... DB wanted to particiapate in "no shave novemeber" where I said if he thought he could turn into a lumberjack for a month I would particiapate too

We also included things like DB never being able to touch my DVR history after he deleted the whole season of Glee that I was saving for a marathon with my bestie.

He only gets to keep the his man cave if he consitantly takes the garbage out, changes light bulbs when needed, and makes sure to keep the man dirtyness confined to said "Man Cave" and remebers that the purpose of the "Man Cave" is that the rest of my house remains as I like.

I will give DB at least 30 mins of man time when he gets home from work before having him do anything around the house or before making him shower adn change so we can go out unless in the case of an emergency or time restraint.

DB hosts poker night every other friday during which I make my famous nachos and then leave the premis, and allow the boys to have their fun.
    After poker night DB must clean up all evidence of poker night and have my house just as it was before they trashed it.

One night a week is reserved for quite time with eachother during which we both turn off our phones and lap tops and we cook dinner together, rent a movie (alternating weeks that we choose the movie) and spend the night enjoying our alone time.

There is more and we constantly add to it but those are the main points. It started as a joke but we find it actually helps having an agreement.
    We were discussing No Shave November & Military Mustache March!

I LOVE your rules! I'm definitely adding to the Man Cave section! I also like the 30 minutes thing, I think that's something I never considered.

I might do the nachos one.. except HE makes ME nachos!

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    These are so cute!
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michelephantx View Post
    We were discussing No Shave November & Military Mustache March!

I LOVE your rules! I'm definitely adding to the Man Cave section! I also like the 30 minutes thing, I think that's something I never considered.

I might do the nachos one.. except HE makes ME nachos!
    The 30 minute thing is really great and has elimiated so many fights. It gives him time to cool down after a bad day... I've found that he usually doesn't even need or want 30 mins. But on the days he does it's great! I highly reccomend it. His friends love my nachos and my role in poker night is make sure there is beer in the fridge and at least 2 platters of nachos on the counter. I use poker night as girls night with my friends, or study nights. Its a pretty good arrangement.
  6. Senior Member
    I know yours is a joky type thing but the only contract DH and I have is no sex with others or it is an automatic divorce and forfeiting of everything.
  7. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-queen View Post
    I know yours is a joky type thing but the only contract DH and I have is no sex with others or it is an automatic divorce and forfeiting of everything.
    Makes perfect sense to me!

We kind of have the same thing but more emotional and less actual physical things.

If one of us cheats, all respectful and mature breakup etiquette is no longer required from the person who was cheated on. We both have a lot of hatred towards cheaters, as we've both been on the other end of it more than once.

I told him if he cheated, telling me would be the last sentence he ever had the privilege of speaking to me - because I would be gonzo.

ETA: I guess after a while of being married, this won't be very realistic as there will be things to settle financially and whatnot. I like your idea.

8. Arianna is my Angel!
    Arianna is my Angel!
    Blog Entries
    This is a great idea and may be enforced on our marriage revamp we much need
  9. Wife to Debra; Twinzie to Manderz; Text Buddy to Cara*Bear!
    Quote Originally Posted by motorpoolwifey View Post
    This is a great idea and may be enforced on our marriage revamp we much need
    Good luck!

10. Senior Member
    haha BEYOND SUPER LOVE THIS I told DB he can have a mustache and beard in the event that he needs to play santa

Here we go again.....#3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast