Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Guy talk"

1. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII

"Guy talk"

Advertisements
    So DB was telling me about his friends in his unit, keep in mind I've never really met any of them. So just out of curiosity I asked him if they even know about me. He said of course they do, they always ask me about you, I tell them everything (God, I hope not! )

He then went on to say he told them, "I'm gonna marry that girl someday."

Of course his friends told him not to do it

But because DB is so amazingly wonderful he said he's marrying me no matter what

But really what's with guys and this "commitment-phobia"?!?!?

Anyway, anyone else ever have their SO tell them about "guy talk"?
  2. Regular Member
    DB doesnt really say what he says back to them but One CP i sent had a teddy bear drenched in my perfume and he said "babe they all were talking about how good it smells..had to tell em' hey back off lol"
    ..Or the most recent package had some skull candy headphones (his were stolen from the bball court) and and some Movie butter popcorn for thier Jersey shore nights.. and he said one of his roomates was like "oh yah bro THATS WIFEY" ..
    He didn't tell me what his reply was but he had a huge smile on skype.. and 4 days later a brand New Laptop showed up at my door ..
    *Comittment-phobia* Most men arent really scared of it they just dont want to get hurt.. so instead of leaping like us they just kinda float around till they dont have a choice lol!
  3. "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    "You'll stay with me? Until the very end" HP VII
    Quote Originally Posted by RJsBarbieGirl12 View Post
    DB doesnt really say what he says back to them but One CP i sent had a teddy bear drenched in my perfume and he said "babe they all were talking about how good it smells..had to tell em' hey back off lol"
    ..Or the most recent package had some skull candy headphones (his were stolen from the bball court) and and some Movie butter popcorn for thier Jersey shore nights.. and he said one of his roomates was like "oh yah bro THATS WIFEY" ..
    He didn't tell me what his reply was but he had a huge smile on skype.. and 4 days later a brand New Laptop showed up at my door ..
    *Comittment-phobia* Most men arent really scared of it they just dont want to get hurt.. so instead of leaping like us they just kinda float around till they dont have a choice lol!
    That makes sense
  4. Regular Member
    they doo lol.. like well i guess she isn't going anywhere so i gotta do something! ..
  5. Senior Member
    DH does it all the time! I guess they do it as often as we talk about THEM to our girl friends? lol In the beginning, all of them kept telling him not to get married (ugh) but then after a while it got to "wow, you're right. maybe you should, she takes such good care of you" -- that was after they saw all the letter and care packages, etc lol
  6. Senior Member
    When DH was DB but was about to become DF he had his buddies tell him not to get married. I saw it as, they where trying to look out for him. Didn't want to see him get hurt. Then again, they didn't know me.
    I'm sure they have guy talk as often as we have girl talk.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think it is more of the single guys not wanting to "lose" a friend to marriage. They know if he is married it will change the dynamic, regardless of what is said to the contrary.
  8. Senior Member
    I've noticed a lot of the military guys i know jump a lot quicker on the commitment thing DB says they feel the need to sew their seeds before they deploy incase they never get the chance. . . . and also its a way to have someone caring there for you since a lot of them are stationed without family anywhere near close. . . . idk just what DB said when I asked

I do agree a lot of guys dont want to lose a friend to marriage.

Here we go again.....#3
  9. Senior Member
    Me: Germany - Him: other side of the world

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    I think it is more of the single guys not wanting to "lose" a friend to marriage. They know if he is married it will change the dynamic, regardless of what is said to the contrary.
    Yeah I thought the same thing.

About guy talk: I bet they have guy talk just as often as we have girl talk I remember the first YM chat we had after db left he asked me if all his friends were hitting on me now. And I was confused and was like well if they are your FRIENDS why would they hit on me? And he replied: Cause I always told them what an awesome girlfriend you are! So yep, I'd say they DEFINITELY talk about us with their friends when we're not there
    PCS time is getting closer. Let our Europe adventures begin!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    Double Ring Proposal 10/5/2011 made Augusta my MSOS wifey
    skp is my rockin' Cali pal
    No more ticker!!! Deployment #2 is over
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast