Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How does your SO comfort you???

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

How does your SO comfort you???

Advertisements
    Okay, so I'm crying because of 9/11, and I call BF and he comforts me in the way he knows how....

Normally, if anyone comforted me the way he did, I'd probably slap them. This is Andrew we're talking about... he's my sweet Neanderthal Gargantuan Juggernaut. When it comes to women and feelings... the man's not an idiot, but he does have a lot to learn.
    However, he is the best at making me feel better even with his not so eloquent words. My sweet Marine may comfort me like a cave man comforts a rock...bless his heart he tried and he did succeed. Sigh....

He said, "Put the past behind you, don't let what happened depress you, just push forward and let the sadness and anger fuel you when you go work out, or do other things. Read your Bible before you go to bed too. You know, I push a little extra harder in the gym when I think about my grandfather and Marine buddy (I can't remember his name but he died a few months ago). So use those feelings you have to make you push harder."

So, what does your SO say to comfort you when you are sad??
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I think that's a great thing to say. DH tells me the same thing. To channel my energy and everything towards something else like working out.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Lots of hugs and kisses. My husband is pretty sweet when it comes to me. I was down last night and he held me and kept telling me I was wonderful and beautiful and he was so amazed to have me.

If it is another circumstance he does his best to focus on the positive and make sure know he is there for me to talk to and to hold me.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    I think that's a great thing to say. DH tells me the same thing. To channel my energy and everything towards something else like working out.
    Awesome.
    I guess I was expecting something more softer than a "push through it." I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just surprised how he was able to comfort me with his "manly" way of comforting me. I love him bunches! I'm glad he's not the only SO who says that.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse View Post
    Lots of hugs and kisses. My husband is pretty sweet when it comes to me. I was down last night and he held me and kept telling me I was wonderful and beautiful and he was so amazed to have me.

If it is another circumstance he does his best to focus on the positive and make sure know he is there for me to talk to and to hold me.
    awe
    You're husband sounds like a good man!
    when Marine is here and there's no distance... He holds me tight and kisses my forehead... :-) He's always saying, "You're okay. It's okay." His actions are usually "softer" than his words
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm not a big talker when I'm upset in fact I hate it. DB knows that so when he's comforting me he knows not to say too much. He simply holds me strokes my hair and tells me that things will be ok, and that he loves me. It makes me feel better. Over the past 6 years he has worked out a pretty good "feel better" speech but it always works.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by carlie View Post
    awe
    You're husband sounds like a good man!
    when Marine is here and there's no distance... He holds me tight and kisses my forehead... :-) He's always saying, "You're okay. It's okay." His actions are usually "softer" than his words
    He is

Men are normally more into physical protection so it is nice when they can use words to make us feel better too.
  8. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    He doesnt.
  9. Yes I miss Spell Words and my Grammar Sucks.... Get over it.
    Yes I miss Spell Words and my Grammar Sucks.... Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oohrah_baby View Post
    He doesnt.
    Not sure if I should laugh or hug you.
  10. Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Bringing wizard awareness to muggles everywhere
    Blog Entries
    I had to take the GRE yesterday and was freaking out cause I was feeling pretty stupid. There was also something else going on that concerned me and it was weighing on my mind. He just said to me "Don't worry. Stop worrying about everything. Youre going to do fine. It'll all work out." He just has such faith and confidence in everything. I love it.

Ok..... now I'm sad and want to hug and kiss him.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast