Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need your advice!

1. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear

Help I need your advice!

Advertisements
    I work with a guy who I always thought was decently cute. We became Facebook friends, and I realized that, when not in scrubs, he's REALLY cute! And he's really nice so I've had this quasi-crush on him for a few months. I was super excited when he switched from x-ray to CT because we're closer to the CT techs than the x-ray techs (simply because we share a printer with them so we're always by each other). Being closer means we talk more, but I'm still kindof shy around him. I told one of the other CT techs when we were out one night that I like this guy, and she suggested she mention we all go out a couple weeks ago. That hasn't happened yet.

Well now, I saw he's on Plenty of Fish (the dating site I use)!!! I kind of want to send him a cute, clever message on there, with out making it awkward if he has zero interest. More of an extending my hand in friendship than a "omg we should go out on a date!" thing..

Any advice/suggestions on what I should do/say?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

If you already know them in real life wouldn't it be less awkward to just talk to him in real life?
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I'd send him a message on POF and be like "You look familiar...do I know you from somewhere? If I would have known you weren't already taken I would have asked you out a long time ago. Would you like to get drinks/coffee/whatever you wanna ask him to do after work sometime?"
  4. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    sooo.... come here often?

5. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    If you already know them in real life wouldn't it be less awkward to just talk to him in real life?
    That's the first thing that came to my mind. I might be a bit weirded out of someone I knew in person messaged me on my dating profile instead.

I would just put out there what you really want though. It sounds like you're already friends with him so I'm not sure how it would even be different to say "hey let's be friends" on the Internet. If you want to date him, ask him out on a date.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I'd send him a message on POF and be like "You look familiar...do I know you from somewhere? If I would have known you weren't already taken I would have asked you out a long time ago. Would you like to get drinks/coffee/whatever you wanna ask him to do after work sometime?"

Wifey to KaityBug
  7. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    i wouldn't be so forward as to ask him out. idk. if you work with him he has the opportunity to ask you out and get the ball rolling.

8. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    I'm shy with people that I don't know really well. I talk to him a bit, but we're not friends to the point of talking outside of work, even on Facebook. Seeing him on there kind of makes it seem easier to break the ice outside of work

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I like that. Maybe not the part about asking him out a long time ago, that's a bit too ballsy for me, and if he's not interested at all, that'd make it weird at work.

Or I can just ask him at work how POF is working for him. That could work too. Hmm. I just kindof want to make it known that I saw him and obviously we're both looking for something
  9. New Member
    I would be really weirded out if someone IRL found me on a dating website. Why don't you just take your newly acquired knowledge (that he is single) and start talking to him in real life. You don't need to mention the dating website, and really...I don't know that I ever would.

One True Love
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would avoid dating anyone you work with. It can work out, but it can also go soooo wrong, especially if it doesn't work out and effects the atmosphere at work.
    Just my opinion about work place romances.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast