Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help cheering up DB

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Sad Help cheering up DB

Advertisements
    DB is starting to fall into a slump.

He went to the doctors the other day. They told him there is a waiting list for his surgery on his ACL and they won't be able to get him in for a surgery for another 3 months! Which is insane. They will have to rebreak his leg. He cannot go another 3 months like this. No way. At this rate, he will be out of work for almost a year.

His bills are piling up, TDI still hasn't come through because the orthopedics won't process it through until they have a team of surgeons and a date for his surgery. So he has no money. He can't get another job, because he is on crutches and he doesn't know what to do.

The best thing happening to him right now is his mom is ordering him a tattoo machine for his birthday. He ideally wants to get into apprenticing so this will give him an opportunity to practice while he is out. But until he can start doing something, he is just really down in the dumps.

I feel like there is only so many times I can tell him things will work out. I don't know what else to do. I hate seeing him miserable like this. I wish I could help. I wish I could lend him money or something but even I don't have any to lend him. He already sold his car, and now has to sell his bike which is literally almost cried about. He LOVES that bike.

I just wish I knew what to do. Has anyone else been out with an injury for a while before? Or their SO? What did you do?

Any help would be amazing.
  2. Senior Member

I know when I was feeling really down because of so many different things my DF would send me an email everyday to remind me 1. of a reason why he loved me and 2. something I have to be thankful for. It would always put a smile on my face. He's deployed so email worked. Maybe you could think of a creative way to do something similar?

Hugs and prayers to you and your DB.
  3. Regular Member
    I wish I knew how to help

Can he find a desk job for now? I know it will probably be boring, but maybe he can save up some money. Poor guy!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean88 View Post
    I wish I knew how to help

Can he find a desk job for now? I know it will probably be boring, but maybe he can save up some money. Poor guy!
    that's what I was thinking. But I am wondering if they will hire him because of the crutches. I'll have to tell him to look.

And the email thing sounds great. I'm going to try to think of something like that.