Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls can't have guy friends

1. Senior Member

Girls can't have guy friends

Advertisements
    i saw the thread about being friends with Exs and i thought of this. i have heard on plenty occasions guys say, ' Girls in a relationship should not or can't have guy friends'. Some of my closest friends are guys, and i don't see why it should be a problem. I find it easier to get a long with guys for some reason. what do you guys think? & what are your SOs feelings on this?
  2. Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    Lex Justo BAMF Patriot Guard Rider!
    My bestie is a guy. DH has TONS of girl friends. As long as their are boundaries, there is no reason why people can't have friends of the opposite sex. Just because there is a penis and a vagina in the same proximity doesn't mean they are going to meet.
    I've been known as
    "The Enforcer" and NavyHeart

Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day...
    Live and die on this day.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I have some amazing guy friends who mean the world to me. J has girl friends. The only time it ever became an issue was when they would cross a boundary (which was rare, but it happened)
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Me: Massachusetts/ Him: Massachusetts (for now)
    My DB have a ton of mutual friends most of which are guys. He's entrusting them with me when he's away next semester. And he knows the majority of my friends are guys and knows they're harmless. I know most of his friendships with girls are harmless. There are a few who have outwardly and obviously expressed an interest but he limits contact with those.

Like NavyHeart said, just because there are men and women in the same vacinity doesn't not mean that anything has to or will happen.
  5. Senior Member
    My feeling is that oposite sex friends are fine. so long as ground rules are followed, and no one is putting themself in suspicious situations.

the last person i dated we had it where you could have oposite sex friends, but when you hung out with them it could not be one on one time there had to be other people there also.
  6. AKA Lindsay
    AKA Lindsay
    Blog Entries
    I get along better with guys and DB knows that I have a few really close guy friends. I view them as brothers actually so DB knows I won't be crossing any lines with them and they have all said i'm like a sister so I don't think any of them would cross a line either. DB and I trust eachother and discuss any issues that make either of us uncomfortable. I think if you have trust in your relationship then there is no reason why you can't have guy friends.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    All of my closest friends are males, the absolutely closest trust them with anything are Ex's. DH doesn't have a problem with it, at least not one he's stupid enough to voice. DH barely has any friends especially now that he's in a new location. His closest friend is female. I have no problem with it whatsoever. As long as they are good friends, what does their gender have to do with anything?
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Some of my closest friends are guys. DB doesn't have a problem with it. The only one he doesn't like is Nathan, and I've really distanced myself from him since DB doesn't like him.

In fact, I'm waiting for one of my boy besties to get into town!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsayinslc View Post
    I get along better with guys and DB knows that I have a few really close guy friends. I view them as brothers actually so DB knows I won't be crossing any lines with them and they have all said i'm like a sister so I don't think any of them would cross a line either. DB and I trust eachother and discuss any issues that make either of us uncomfortable. I think if you have trust in your relationship then there is no reason why you can't have guy friends.
  10. Senior Member
    Personally,
    ive had HORRIBLE experiences with "guys friends"
    i am completely inable to hold a friendship with a guy.
    Every single one of them at some point will confess their "love" for me,
    and cant remain friends seeing that im already taken. .

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast