Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The engagement bug

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

The engagement bug

Advertisements
    Ughhhhh... the engagement bug has DEFINITELY bitten me! I can't stop looking at engagement rings and wedding dresses...and WE'RE NOT EVEN ENGAGED YET.

Granted, it's discussed like every day - but he's deployed right now and it's obviously not going to happen anytime soon. Besides, we'll be in a long distance relationship until I graduate with the PhD - around 2013.

Why can't I stop looking at wedding stuff and focus on, oh you know, school work?!!??

bah. okay, that's all
  2. ...___...
    ...___...
    ME TOO!!!!!!
    I constantly look at engagement rings, wedding dresses, venues, bridesmaids dresses, maybe doing a destination wedding....ya know all the usual things

But, DB and I have been dating for 8 years now, and he has been saying recently that it's going to happen verrryyyy soon!!!!!!!! Now I just look at at this stuff EVEN MORE

for both of us

In fact, I am looking at engagement rings right now, buuttt I have an exam tomorrow, good choice? uhhh yeahhhh

(Also, I graduate with my Doctorate in 2014 (DPT), but we aren't in an LDR. But props to us for going to school and making careers for ourselves!)
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hev2403 View Post
    ME TOO!!!!!!
    I constantly look at engagement rings, wedding dresses, venues, bridesmaids dresses, maybe doing a destination wedding....ya know all the usual things

But, DB and I have been dating for 8 years now, and he has been saying recently that it's going to happen verrryyyy soon!!!!!!!! Now I just look at at this stuff EVEN MORE

for both of us

In fact, I am looking at engagement rings right now, buuttt I have an exam tomorrow, good choice? uhhh yeahhhh
    hahaha - I bought a freakin' $10 "TheKnot" magazine. This has got to STOP.

Ahhhh - I am so excited that yours is happening VERY soon! Tell me when it does - we can obsessed about weddings together! lol

I think I've got at least a year until it MIGHT happen - well especially since he'll be deployed for many more months lol. Besides, he still has to ask dad - and I KNOW he hasn't done that yet
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    ME TOO!!!!!!

for both of us

(Also, I graduate with my Doctorate in 2014 (DPT), but we aren't in an LDR. But props to us for going to school and making careers for ourselves!)

That's AWESOME! Good for you!!!!! Yes - I agree, way to go us for making careers. Although let's face it, the journey to the career sucks Where are you getting your DPT?
  5. ...___...
    ...___...
    Quote Originally Posted by marinecorpgf View Post
    [/B]

That's AWESOME! Good for you!!!!! Yes - I agree, way to go us for making careers. Although let's face it, the journey to the career sucks Where are you getting your DPT?
    DB has gotten "word" that his unit will be deploying before the end of this year, but no orders yet ( I hate when his happenes), but it's ultimately just talk around the base. I'm kind of hoping things change before then!

I'm kind of thinking that this made him realize "wow, what the heck am I waiting for?"lol kwim? I mean we've lived together for the past 4 years and we love each other more than were could possibly say lol I guess he's just waiting for THE PERFECT time haha, while I patiently twiddle my thumbs

I'm either going to Drexel or Usciences (both in Philly). I was accepted everywhere I applied, but I am having such a hard time choosing between the two of these! They were by first and second choices

What will you be getting your PhD in?!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DB has gotten "word" that his unit will be deploying before the end of this year, but no orders yet ( I hate when his happenes), but it's ultimately just talk around the base. I'm kind of hoping things change before then!

I'm kind of thinking that this made him realize "wow, what the heck am I waiting for?"lol kwim? I mean we've lived together for the past 4 years and we love each other more than were could possibly say lol I guess he's just waiting for THE PERFECT time haha, while I patiently twiddle my thumbs

I'm either going to Drexel or Usciences (both in Philly). I was accepted everywhere I applied, but I am having such a hard time choosing between the two of these! They were by first and second choices

What will you be getting your PhD in?!

haha yes, deployments can be an eye opener in that regard I saw your "about me" and noticed you guys were high school sweethearts My DB and I dated in HS and my first year of college and then broke up for 5.5 years and then recently got back together!

We have lots in common (minus the fact that you were lucky enough to NOT break up for that long of a time!) haha

That's very exciting about DPT - I have a lot of friends who have gone through the DPT program at UF and were very happy! It's a great career choice. DB wants to go to school for kinesiology and I've told he he should consider going for a DPT once he gets his bachelors I am getting my PhD in Criminology/Criminal Justice... almost done with my 2nd year... only 2 more!!!
  7. Senior Member
    Okay Okay I have to admit I've been getting the bug too but only because DB has planted the thought in my head ...

He's currently deployed but right before he left he told me he wants to buy a new car when he gets back I said NICE! that'd be decent!! ( I use the word decent to describe everything lol) but then he talked about buying the car as a hassle because he wanted to make a *much greater investment* <----his words* when he gets back ....but I played it cool and told him a car is a good investment & he said yeaaaaah but.... "I'll figure it out while I'm gone". So I told him good and that I believe he makes sound decisions and that I'm sure anything he invest his time in will be *great*

FAST FORWARD to two weeks ago he had an ENGAGEMENT RING CATALOG sent to my house along with a Navy Anchored Charm Bracelet ... at first I think that this "engagment ring catalog" was just standard and I recieved it because I got the bracelet. BUT it was seperate from the charm bracelet package and well I recieved an entire charm bracelet catalog...

.....Soooooooooooo naturally I went through the entire catalog except I was looking at Mens Engagement Rings for him but then that triggered me on a frenzy so now I'm looking at rings, dresses, church or under a willow tree ceremony. This is all so new to me because I wasnt the little girl who planned her dream wedding... I was busy serving mud pies on my glass tea party set....DB has truly turned me into a whole girl

...Well DB will be home from deployment before I know it so........
  8. Senior Member
    I totally did the same thing. I knew it was coming and I pretty much had the whole thing planned out. Now that I'm actually trying to plan the wedding though, it's not so easy for some reason.

Oh, and don't buy the Knot magazines, because every single thing that's in there you can find on their website.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLove View Post
    Okay Okay I have to admit I've been getting the bug too but only because DB has planted the thought in my head ...

He's currently deployed but right before he left he told me he wants to buy a new car when he gets back I said NICE! that'd be decent!! ( I use the word decent to describe everything lol) but then he talked about buying the car as a hassle because he wanted to make a *much greater investment* <----his words* when he gets back ....but I played it cool and told him a car is a good investment & he said yeaaaaah but.... "I'll figure it out while I'm gone". So I told him good and that I believe he makes sound decisions and that I'm sure anything he invest his time in will be *great*

FAST FORWARD to two weeks ago he had an ENGAGEMENT RING CATALOG sent to my house along with a Navy Anchored Charm Bracelet ... at first I think that this "engagment ring catalog" was just standard and I recieved it because I got the bracelet. BUT it was seperate from the charm bracelet package and well I recieved an entire charm bracelet catalog...

.....Soooooooooooo naturally I went through the entire catalog except I was looking at Mens Engagement Rings for him but then that triggered me on a frenzy so now I'm looking at rings, dresses, church or under a willow tree ceremony. This is all so new to me because I wasnt the little girl who planned her dream wedding... I was busy serving mud pies on my glass tea party set....DB has truly turned me into a whole girl

That's how I know my DB is different from the others because he makes me feel like a girl and I'm all catching the wedding bug too
    "Time passes. Even when it seems impossible, even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me."

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLove View Post

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Love it!!!! You'll have to keep us all posted!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast