Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Not getting married anytime soon but...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Not getting married anytime soon but...

Advertisements
    What kind of things should i know about. like how to plan one. I'm incredibly artistic and i wanna do a lot of things myself.

Also advice about religion....I'm baptist and he's atheist. I always wondered how a ceremony would go.
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

For planning if you go to any of the big wedding websites (I used theknot.com but there are tons out there) they will have checklists for you.

As for religion, first you guys need to figure out what kind of ceremony you want (religious or not) and then talk to the officiant. They may require certain things that you or he are not comfortable with so you might have to shop around a bit.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    For planning if you go to any of the big wedding websites (I used theknot.com but there are tons out there) they will have checklists for you.

As for religion, first you guys need to figure out what kind of ceremony you want (religious or not) and then talk to the officiant. They may require certain things that you or he are not comfortable with so you might have to shop around a bit.
    ^_^ thank you!!!
  4. ...and carry a towel.
    ...and carry a towel.
    If you are artsy and want to do a lot yourself, try this blog: A Practical Wedding

Oh, and be careful with following things like The Knot too literally.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
    If you are artsy and want to do a lot yourself, try this blog: A Practical Wedding

Oh, and be careful with following things like The Knot too literally.
    That blog looks interesting. Ill check it out when i get home tonight. ^_^ i like being prepared.
  6. Senior Member
    I was raised Baptist and DB is agnostic, and we've accepted that about each other. Definitely not planning a wedding soon at all, but if we ever do, I think I would just request that the person who weds us is a minister. I don't need an overly religious ceremony, just one that acknowledges God's presence.

I also want alcohol at my wedding, and I've heard that some Baptist ministers won't do a wedding if there is alcohol at the reception. (maybe?)
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DH is agnostic, but we had our wedding at my church anyway. It was a bit strange for him since it was a episcopalian church, but he got through it like a champ!! Our family reception was at the church, then we had another reception at DH's parents house through the night. Obviously there was no alcohol at the church reception.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    thanks ladies. I was doing some reading online and I will probably have the ceremony at a church XDD that's if he doesn't burst into flames!! JK! But yeah at a church. I think I want us to have a preacher wed us. I don't think he has a problem with religion as long as no one is forcing it on him. I don't want an overly religious wedding anyways, because I'm not uber christian. Just something where we acknowledge God.

The reception. Definitely not at the church. I was thinking a beach setting. We like the beach. So who knows.

Also. Alcohol is a must at the reception. LOL can anyone say cocktail hour