Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: We need to talk

1. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries

We need to talk

Advertisements
    DB is supposed to be back from dive school in March. Still waiting on an exact date. When he left he did one of his old behaviors, pushing me away, because he's afraid I won't be here. We were supposed to talk, about how we were going to make sure things don't go in the direction they went the last time, before he left and just when I'd hoped he'd had enough time to think about it, he was told he'd be leaving. So now he's been gone about a month and a half and I'm ready for him to be back. We haven't had much conversation, we've had one line e-mails on his part. We weren't supposed to have contact to start with, so I'll take it. But it's only made this separation more difficult.

When he get's back he's supposed to be training guys at his base. Also about the time when he gets back I'll be in finals and work will be getting busy for Spring Break. I don't want to wait too long to talk, but I'm not sure when it's going to happen. If it will at this point it's looking like it will have to be on the phone.

Should I wait till we can do it face to face or take what we can get and do it o the phone?
  2. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    It really depends on what works best when communicating with him. Does he do better face to face or can he handle phone convos? For me, I'd prefer to do face to face.

Either way, good luck lady.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  3. “Laugh as much as you breathe & love as long as you live"
    “Laugh as much as you breathe & love as long as you live"
    For any sort of important conversation, I tend to lean more toward face to face conversations...but like the previous poster said, it depends on how you and him communicate. If you can communicate effectively about important things on the phone and it is bugging you too much to wait til you get face time, then maybe you should do it on the phone.

Any way skype would be an option? It'd be a little bit more like a face-to-face convo...

DB:"I don't need a bunch of stuff to be happy, I just need you"
  4. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle1686 View Post
    For any sort of important conversation, I tend to lean more toward face to face conversations...but like the previous poster said, it depends on how you and him communicate. If you can communicate effectively about important things on the phone and it is bugging you too much to wait til you get face time, then maybe you should do it on the phone.

Any way skype would be an option? It'd be a little bit more like a face-to-face convo...
    Probably not, he doesn't have a laptop, he got one of those little Acer things that I guess got killed with viruses. I'm going to tell him when I finally get a phone call, that I want it to be sooner than later. I don't want to put it off again, we did this time and I feel like it exploded in our faces.

Thanks guys, we'll see. I'm just gettin anxious I think at this point.
  5. Senior Member
    It's kind of a catch 22: effectiveness vs. imperativeness.

If the best you've got with the circumstances is over the phone, and it's a must.have.now conversation, then what option do you really have?

If it is more important that it be effective, then face-to-face is best.

Good luck!
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I am undergoing some of the same feelings. This is his first deployment and he is been gone only one month and i feel completely pushed out. He doesnt give me any details about anything or let me know how he iss emotionally doing. I ment to sit down and talk with him before hand too, but every time I got so choked up i froze. Is it normal for them to get distance. I keep worrying its because he wants out of the relationship or found someone else. Im going crazy in my head thinking the worst. Im trying to stay busy but it only takes the edge off. If you find out what helps you let me know. I need the advice. Im very new at all of this (even this website) RUthie
    Last edited by ruthie; 02-21-2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: typo