Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hmm idk?

1. If it should, it will come around again.
    If it should, it will come around again.

Confused hmm idk?

Advertisements
    what to think...heres the story!

So I meet this guy on match.com

you can "wink" at them for free ...ok so I winked 1st, then he winked back, I finally broke down and paided the money and messaged him...we sent a few back and forth and then I asked if he wanted to become FB friends...he agreed

Ok so we became FB friends and didnt talk for a few days, which was odd because we sent at least 1-2 messaged back and forth a day for at least 5 days on Match...so I message him on FB saying hey...we should set up sometime to meet and basically have our 1st date...I gave him my number a week before we meet, and he never texted me or called even before that...ok no big deal...

anyways...1st date went super well (at least thats what I thought), we ate dinner (he paid which was nice) and then we ended up walking around for about 2 hrs and just talked and laughed a lot...

said goodbye...and then later on I texted him and said "I had a good time tonight, I hope you did too...we should hang out again sometime soon if I didnt freak you out too bad [it was a joke we made that night]"....he said "lol dont worry you didnt freak me out, yeah id like to hang out again soon"

Ok so we texted a few more time back and forth, and then I texted him the next day saying "hope you had a good day" and he responed, but then nothing...

Today nothing... now I'm not expecting a zillion texts or w/e or even something everyday...and I'm fine with "starting" the convo, but I gotta feeling hes just not that into me?? Or he just super super shy??

I can't tell...hes really hard to read, and I even made a comment to him about it and he said "yea I know I am sometimes"...I wanna ask him if he wants to watch a movie at mine or his place next Saturday but I feel like I'm coming on too strong. Normally guys have texted me a few times a day if there really interested in starting a relationship...and have asked when they can spend time w/ me...at least in my experiance...

it seems silly, and I know I'm reading way tooooo much into it, but I dont wanna scared the guy off!! What do you girls think??

Cont. w/ what I'm doing or back off a bit and let him take some lead?
    So you say
    The present's just a pleasant
    Interruption to the past
  2. Senior Member
    I'd give him a little time, a few days maybe. If he doesn't contact you, then you could do one of a couple things: 1. message him just to say hello and see what happens, 2. move on, or 3. ask him out again and see where it goes.....
    I miss him so much... but I love him even more. And that makes all the difference!
  3. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Back off a bit. Let him initiate the contact. If he doesn't, then forget it. He knows how to get in touch with you. No need for you to go "chasing" him.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyykooolaid View Post
    Back off a bit. Let him initiate the contact. If he doesn't, then forget it. He knows how to get in touch with you. No need for you to go "chasing" him.
  5. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachie78 View Post

you can "wink" at them for free ...ok so I winked 1st, then he winked back, I finally broke down and paided the money and messaged him...we sent a few back and forth and then I asked if he wanted to become FB friends...he agreed

Ok so we became FB friends and didnt talk for a few days, which was odd because we sent at least 1-2 messaged back and forth a day for at least 5 days on Match...so I message him on FB saying hey...we should set up sometime to meet and basically have our 1st date...I gave him my number a week before we meet, and he never texted me or called even before that...ok no big deal...

anyways...1st date went super well (at least thats what I thought), we ate dinner (he paid which was nice) and then we ended up walking around for about 2 hrs and just talked and laughed a lot...

said goodbye...and then later on I texted him and said "I had a good time tonight, I hope you did too...we should hang out again sometime soon if I didnt freak you out too bad [it was a joke we made that night]"....he said "lol dont worry you didnt freak me out, yeah id like to hang out again soon"

Ok so we texted a few more time back and forth, and then I texted him the next day saying "hope you had a good day" and he responed, but then nothing...

Today nothing... now I'm not expecting a zillion texts or w/e or even something everyday...and I'm fine with "starting" the convo, but I gotta feeling hes just not that into me?? Or he just super super shy??

I can't tell...hes really hard to read, and I even made a comment to him about it and he said "yea I know I am sometimes"...I wanna ask him if he wants to watch a movie at mine or his place next Saturday but I feel like I'm coming on too strong. Normally guys have texted me a few times a day if there really interested in starting a relationship...and have asked when they can spend time w/ me...at least in my experiance...

it seems silly, and I know I'm reading way tooooo much into it, but I dont wanna scared the guy off!! What do you girls think??

You winked first. He winked back.
    You sent the first message on Match. He responded.
    You asked him to be your FB friend. He agreed.
    You sent him the first message on FB.
    In that first message, you pushed for the go on a date plans.
    After the date, you sent the first text.

I see a pattern. Quit pursuing him. He's not initiating anything. This is not a sign that he is really into you.
  6. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachie78 View Post

I see a pattern. Quit pursuing him. He's not initiating anything. This is not a sign that he is really into you.
  7. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Songtan Sally View Post

I agree with what Sally's saying here, and what other posters said. Just give him space. Either he'll message or call you, or he won't. This is why I'm not such a fan of technology. We are not a very patient people anymore. We seem to want a response 'NOW,' and if there isn't one, something must be wrong. (Not meant in a rude way!) Give it time, OP, leave the ball in his court! Hope it works out.
    Last edited by MissOptimistic; 02-20-2011 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Add something
  8. Senior Member
    I would say, have a little patience... It may be all reallllly new... And you dont want to rush anyways with someone you dont know Maybe in a few days if he doesnt respond before then contact him... I just wouldnt make it a every day thing till he starts texting/calling you first every now and then
  9. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyykooolaid View Post
    Signature removed due to size.
  10. Senior Member
    I would back off a bit and see if he persues. he may be one to take a little more time to contact someone.

if he is really interested he will reach out for you.
    In the mean time dont delete your match account just yet. keep talking to other guys. While i know it is really easy to get carried away after one date (i am super guilty of this, and of scaring guys off as a result) if you play it cool at least when it comes to this guy you like it may just pay off.
    And if you dont hear from him, well than it is just his loss.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast