Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: what do I expect??

1. Regular Member
    Blog Entries

Help what do I expect??

Advertisements
    what kind of emotions do you notice in your guys who are deploying?

I was once told that for several months before that there would be peaks and valleys. I am experiencing a very hard time right now with my SO. I am hoping for the best but prepared for the worst. Any thoughts? Suggestions? any kind of experience would be very helpful to me.

In your experience as well, what kind of role do we play for the deployed? How do we rank up there in their minds? I dont want to be sufficating, but dont want to be non supportive either.
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

All I can say is don't expect anything. There are guys that have ups and downs, there are guys that have totally changed and some that go back to their everyday life as if nothing has happened.

All we can really do for them while they are away and just support them, keep communication up as much as possible. As far as what they are thinking about while they are away... Work is #1. some guys prefer not to have any communication with home while away cause it takes their concentration off their work, while others feel that lots of communication helps them

3. Senior Member
    Right now he is in "stoked" mode..When we first got word he was just kinda "surprised" and reality hadnt set in. Though he is a little emotional about being seperated from our family. He gets a little choked up when we talk about the effects it may have on our six yr old son. I think its gonna be up and down right up til he leaves in June.
  4. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    thank you. I am just feeling really pushed away right now. I dont know how to take it. I think maybe I am being tooo emotional, and I realize it is NOT about me. I am trying to be supportive, but he is just really pushing me away. idk.