Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice? Opinions? Plz!

1. Senior Member

Need Advice? Opinions? Plz!

Advertisements
    So i told bf all i wanted for valentines day was honestly a sweet romantic letter. . he's deployed. . . any how why would he listen to that? Apparently thought I was trying to be humble or something so instead he gets me a ring.

Im very into jewelry and have very specific tastes etc. when i find jewelry I like i stick with it and wear it every day so i really don't need a lot of diff kinds. So basically it was sweet but i don't like it at all. . . what am i supposed to do?

I feel bad he spent this money and I won't wear it. Honestly it's not something i'd enjoy to wear though. So now what?

I thought about exchanging it for something else like same color etc but i looked at the website and really none of it is anything i'd ever really wear. . . .

I know this is such a bitch greedy move but opinions???????
  2. Junior Member
    I'd just keep it and wear it occasionally. It's the thought that counts. You can tell him it's not your taste but do it kindly. He probably put a lot of thought into it and wanted it to be a surprise. What color is it? Maybe just match it with a few outfits now and then.
    [CENTER]"Be curious, not judgemental." -- Walt Whitman
  3. Senior Member
    green. yeah i def dont want to hurt him. not sure if itd be better to just do something like that or what. not sure what if he expects me to wear it all the time or what.
    it honestly only fits on my ring finger too so i need to get it resized.
    apparently if u dont get it resized by the company they wont warranty it anymore
  4. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    I would get it resized and wear it around him when he is home. It will make him feel good. I think it was very nice of him to get oyu a ring even though you just said you wanted a letter. And I bet he was really excited to get it for you.

love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡
  5. Junior Member
    Yes get it resized by them unless you think they will not do a good job. Some stores have a jeweler on site. That way if they do anything to it they will replace it or fix it for you. I am not sure where he got it but a lot of places have that policy. What finger do you want to wear it on?

My DH got me a ring when he was DB once and I wasn't crazy about it at first but I would not tell him that ever. But the best part is...now, several years later, I love the ring he got me when we were dating! I really do. It is different than anything else I have, the stones themselves are beautiful, and I have come to appreciate it for it's delicacy and different style. It may grow on you over time, and it will make him feel great that you wear it. I know my DH still comments when I wear the one he got me...he notices every time. I think that it would make him feel good, even if you just wear it once in a while.

I have a friend, her DHJ got her an anniversary ring of diamonds and she hates it and she told him that. I kind of felt sorry for him. She still wears it everyday...but I always think, "He must feel really bad about that ring he got her and knows she is only wearing it out of obligation."

I'd just wear it when he's around. You don't have to wear it other times if you don't like it and unless he intended it to be a promise ring you dont have to wear it everyday. If he ever gets serious and wants to be DF, just kind of hint ahead of time that you want to help pick out the ring.
  6. Senior Member
    not sure what finger id wear it on i have really nice jewelry that i wear on a day to day basis that im use to. . he got it over the internet so it kinda stinks i have to send it back and resize it. . not sure if i want to risk losing the warranty on it though.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    If it's not an engagement ring or anything, then I would suck it up and keep it.
  8. Senior Member
    You might like it better if you put it on a chain and wear it around your neck too. Sometimes that can change it all around. I don't wear like wearing rings everyday, but a necklace I would wear more. I definitely agree, its the thought that counts. It's still an incredibly sweet gesture. Maybe it'll grow on you.

"Don't you worry your pretty little mind. People throw rocks at things that shine. And life makes love look hard.
    The stakes high. The water's rough, but this love is ours."
    -T. Swifty

9. Senior Member
    idk what it is but it actually freaks me out
  10. Junior Member
    The ring does? The stone? What freaks you out about it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast