Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever said no??

1. Senior Member

Has anyone ever said no??

Advertisements
    I wonder all these girls getting engaged and married. . has anyone ever said no. that they wanted to wait a little longer and make sure it's right. I love my guy and all but marriage is a huge leap. I feel like a lot of army relationships go so fast! just a thought and wondering. . .
  2. Lime breakfast foot
    Lime breakfast foot

The guy I dated before DH asked me to marry him and I said no

Good thing, too!

3. Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    Together, Apart, Together, Apart .. its the Navy
    I said yes to my first boyfriend.. and then a couple of weeks later said no because I wasn't really in love with him. Just in love with the idea of him.
    Florida girl in a Snowy World
  4. Senior Member
    DH asked if we were going to get married when we found out I was pregnant with our daughter. I told him not anytime soon so he didn't need to waste money on getting a ring or anything...I knew I was going to marry him years before that (We've known each other since we were 8 years old) but I didn't want it to be just because I was pregnant. Waited another year before getting engaged and another year and a half from then to get married. Worth the wait though. We were so busy with getting ready with school and having the baby that it wouldn't have been fun worrying about a wedding too
  5. Senior Member
    Tabby its nice to hear you can say no and still not break up!
  6. Senior Member
    My daughter's father asked me, and I said yes at first, mainly because he proposed in front of his 10 year old daughter (who was smiling, jumping p and down behind him..grrr). Later that night I called him, and told him I couldn't do it. I just really didn't see myself with him for the rest of my life. (and I gave the ring back)

To me being engaged really means that you know you want to be with your partner for the rest of your life. If you are not ready to actualy get married yet (for whatever eason) I don't se anything wrong with having a long engagement.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I told an ex of mine no after he proposed. The messed up thing is that I had been the one talking about wanting to get married and settle down. I guess he thought I meant with him.
  8. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    I have said no to two guys. One just a few months ago and one several years ago... both were moving WAY to quickly
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  9. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I did. ODS's bio father proposed to me after he found out I was preggo (even though we had broken up prior to me finding out). I said no. I just couldnt do it. We didnt work together without a baby there was no way we would have worked with one. I didn't love him and I knew that wouldnt ever change. Being a person who only wants to get married once and doesnt believe in divorce, there is no way I could have spent the rest of my life with him.

10. Senior Member
    hahahahahaha omg miss purr! talking about wanting to settle down but not with him poor man
    I guess i dont see the point in engagement if its going to be really long.
    Its always shocking to me when guys are the ones who want to move quick thats why i was wondering if there really anygirls that didnt move just as fast as the guy.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast