Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: anniversary ideas

1. Senior Member

anniversary ideas

Advertisements
    me and DBs one year anniversary is in a little over a week (aka valentines day) and we have no idea what to do. our only idea is going out to dinner but i want to do more than that.

what do you do for anniversaries?
    do you have an ideas of what we could do?

tia
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Something special between the two of you. That sounds vague and cliche, but nobody can know what's special for you two except for you two.

Like for DF and I: we'd probably go the movies (because that's just our thing), I'd make a romantic dinner, exchange gifts, and then sexy time... Laid back and low key fits us.

But maybe for you guys it'd be bowling and some Mexican food, or baking V-Day themed cookies and cake together and then eating it while watching your favorite movies, or having a game night, or dressing up really nice for dinner at a nice restaurant where you guys exchange love letters. Do what pulls at your guys' heart strings

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    Something special between the two of you. That sounds vague and cliche, but nobody can know what's special for you two except for you two.

Like for DF and I: we'd probably go the movies (because that's just our thing), I'd make a romantic dinner, exchange gifts, and then sexy time... Laid back and low key fits us.

But maybe for you guys it'd be bowling and some Mexican food, or baking V-Day themed cookies and cake together and then eating it while watching your favorite movies, or having a game night, or dressing up really nice for dinner at a nice restaurant where you guys exchange love letters. Do what pulls at your guys' heart strings

Another thought, though: What did you do on your FIRST date? Maybe you could recreate and relive that night? Or your BEST date ever... Good luck, and don't stress too much over it. Just enjoy celebrating your love and being together!
    I miss him so much... but I love him even more. And that makes all the difference!
    Banned
    Our first dating anniversary we did the cliche dinner and a movie. We also swapped little gifts.

Our first year wedding anniversary we went to Hawaii. <-This was by far my favorite Lol.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchored2aSailor View Post
    Our first dating anniversary we did the cliche dinner and a movie. We also swapped little gifts.

Our first year wedding anniversary we went to Hawaii. <-This was by far my favorite Lol.
    that is awesome!

i think we're just gonna do a dinner and a movie. and gift swapping too. basically what you did
  6. Regular Member
    Me: Santa Ana, California Him: Afghanistan
    Blog Entries
    youre lucky your DB is home for Valentines day :'(
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassie! View Post
    that is awesome!

i think we're just gonna do a dinner and a movie. and gift swapping too. basically what you did
    Yeah, none of our other wedding anniversaries have been as exciting.