Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: You aren't helping exDB

1. Senior Member

Shock You aren't helping exDB

Advertisements
    As we all know I'm on a 90 day detox. I've already learned a lot about the last year and what was and wasn't my fault, and I'm getting back into what I love about life. Hanging out with everyone and enjoying being there and there without worrying about getting a call etc.

Then pops up exDB, the origional serious bf, itt broke up for multiple reasons, he couldn't handle being over there with me here (we're both very physical people) I don't think I could handle a serious relationship at the time, I was very early into dating life, and honestly I jumped to conclusions about things all the time, very insecure. I am still a little insecure, but I believe that stems from being molested. This is one thing my detox is gearing toward fixing. FIND THAT CRAZY CONFIDENT WOMAN AGAIN! He games a lot, I'm just not into it, but I always was okay with him doing it, he wasn't using my money lol.

I feel he deserves someone who enjoys gameing, honestly.

Either way, we've been talking on fb a LOT lately. Like, everyday. I don't know what he's thinking, but I'm starting to like him again. It couldn't work out. I'm too horney for long distance and so is he. I think it's more that he was the only man I TRUELY loved, the only person who COMPLETELY understands me, and I'm taking a detox of men and need the attention, and am taking it lol.

I think it's getting to be too much though. I'm starting to like him again and that's no good.

It doesn't help that my friend keeps looking at me and saying DD, you like him allow yourself to. It's not that I don't like him, I just don't think it could work. One time he told me he doesn't feel feelings, he just does what he feels is right at the right time. I couldn't handle not knowing he loved me back.

I don't need this right now. It's ruining my detox! I can't deal with these emotions right now.
  2. Senior Member
    Do you have a counselor? I would call them asap and tell them what is going on.
  3. Senior Member
    I want one, but I just can't find one that doesn't tell me to move out of my house.
  4. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Your exDB isn't the one that should be helping... Help yourself and cut ties until you're able (if ever) to talk to him without wanting something more, when you know it can't happen. There's no sense in bringing yourself down when you're trying to bring yourself up

be cool.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
    Your exDB isn't the one that should be helping... Help yourself and cut ties until you're able (if ever) to talk to him without wanting something more, when you know it can't happen. There's no sense in bringing yourself down when you're trying to bring yourself up
    he isn't the one helping. I'm doing it myself without anyone else. He has no idea I'm doing it. The help from other people is what has me in this fog in the first place. That's the very first thing I learned. He is my best friend. I can't just drop him, he's always been there for me from mean men to mean life to mean mom, to crazy father.
  6. Senior Member
    now that I have that off my chest I'm actually already feeling better and how stupid I'm being. WOW.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dancerdixy View Post
    I want one, but I just can't find one that doesn't tell me to move out of my house.
    Is that because maybe you should move out of your house? Why don't you want to. If you know this guy is no good for you, don't go back there...

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  8. Go Ducks!
    Go Ducks!
    Stick to the 90 detox. You need to find yourself before feelings for anyone else, past or future. Better and healthier relationships can only arise. Good luck.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    Is that because maybe you should move out of your house? Why don't you want to. If you know this guy is no good for you, don't go back there...
    I forget you guys aren't the ones I started with. I DON'T live with him but in that case, I know a woman that is best friends with her ex and can live with him, which I think is NOT possible with exdb because I'm horney all the time lolz.

He doesn;'t even live in the states, I live with my parents

I don't have the money to move out and need the insurance for reasons.

Therapists have money I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by waving_girl View Post
    Stick to the 90 detox. You need to find yourself before feelings for anyone else, past or future. Better and healthier relationships can only arise. Good luck.
    thank you for understanding! and thank you for the advice!
  10. “Laugh as much as you breathe & love as long as you live"
    “Laugh as much as you breathe & love as long as you live"
    Quote Originally Posted by waving_girl View Post

DB:"I don't need a bunch of stuff to be happy, I just need you"