Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kind of a silly question....

1. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything

Kind of a silly question....

Advertisements
    I know a lot of my friends who are married/engaged gave "hints" about engagement rings to their DBs before hand. Not like a "hey I wanna get married and this is what I want" hint, but hints about styles and taste. My DB knows me well, but deals with a bad memory and cognitive issues from PTSD/TBI, so he often doesn't really remember things I tell him in conversation because of this (ie: I like antique style jewelry, I like white gold not yellow, I don't like flashy, big jewelry).

I was wondering what would be a non-obvious way to show him rings I like, without seeming pushy? We've talked about marriage and I know it's in our future, I just don't want him to think I'm pushing the issue if I start sending multiple bookmarked links. I suppose if I just tell him THAT (what I just said) along with the links it would be good enough. What have you guys done? I know I would be happy with whatever he got me, but I don't want him to go OVER the top with a BIG ring when the time comes, that's what I'm afraid of... lol I'm a "functional not flashy" girl and it would just get beat up.
  2. Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    I have actually picked out my ring so when DB comes home on leave in April all he has to do is going to the store and pick it up.
  3. Senior Member

DH took me to the store and let me pick out which one I liked the best (within our budget of course). He said it was better to have me choose something I liked a lot rather than him pick something I'm ehhh about and be stuck with it.

Wifey to Moonbeam0328 and SoldiersKitten

4. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    After DH and I had talked about marriage, we went and looked at rings to see what I liked best. I thought princess cut was my favourite but as it turns out its not, so Im glad we went and looked together. Plus it was a ton of fun

And, I didnt pick out the ring in store with DH...just looked at the kind of styles I like. He did actually pick my favourite though
  5. Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Your friendly neighborhood gun totin' mama!
    Lol I was going thru one of the wedding ring threads on here with DB next to me...pointing out to him what I liked

But in the end, I found one I liked, pulled it up online when we were in bed one night, and told him "If you ever feel the need to make me MORE than just your girlfriend, this is the ring I want."

He's hard headed...he needed to be told straight up
    Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

Sometimes damaged goods are more valuable because of their unique qualities.

FOLLOW OPSEC PLEASE!!!!!
  6. 021409<3
    021409<3
    Quote Originally Posted by lillie View Post
    After DH and I had talked about marriage, we went and looked at rings to see what I liked best. I thought princess cut was my favourite but as it turns out its not, so Im glad we went and looked together. Plus it was a ton of fun

And, I didnt pick out the ring in store with DH...just looked at the kind of styles I like. He did actually pick my favourite though
    This is what we did too We narrowed it down to like five different styles, then he picked from those. That way it was something I loved, but he still got to choose it and surprise me with it =)
  7. Senior Member
    The only thing he had to stick to was it had to be either silver or white gold.

So besides that, DH picked out the rings... he knew exactly what he wanted
    I must say he did a great job It was nice being surprised
  8. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieGrl View Post
    Lol I was going thru one of the wedding ring threads on here with DB next to me...pointing out to him what I liked

But in the end, I found one I liked, pulled it up online when we were in bed one night, and told him "If you ever feel the need to make me MORE than just your girlfriend, this is the ring I want."

He's hard headed...he needed to be told straight up
    at this...

I like all of y'alls ideas so far
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I had his sister show him stuff that I liked.
  10. Senior Member
    DB and I have talked about getting married, and basically we're just waiting to get engaged until he can afford the ring without having to finance it. But when it came to what I like, I just sat down on bluenile and played around with designs and when I came up with one I liked, I showed it to him. I think I showed him five or six different ideas and then told him that he should take inspiration from them.

As in, I picked out several center diamond shapes that I like, and several different types of settings that I think are beautiful so he would have a clear idea of what I like. He knows my tastes, but I just wanted to help him out with a few more specifics.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast