Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What is he up to!?

1. Senior Member

Cloud 9 What is he up to!?

Advertisements
    So today I talked to my DB on FB (he's currently deployed). It'll be 3 months tomorrow that we've been together. I guess a little while ago he had asked my friend if he knew my ring size. I didn't think anything of it but today he asked again and told me I need to find out for sure. In recent joking discussions about marriage I told him the only way I'd say yes to any man is if it were a platinum and diamond ring. I was joking of course, I'm really not that shallow. So after I told him my ring size he said are you sure you want platinum because that's not resizeable. He "didn't know platinum wasn't resizable until he asked the guy at the main post". What does that mean??? He said not that I'm getting you anything but just in case and that he likes to be prepared.

Ok I'm on cloud 9 and kind of freaking out at the same time. I don't think I've ever felt this way about any other guy and we definitely have something special going on between us two. If we were to get engaged it wouldn't be until he got home and we'd stay engaged for a while, at least until I finished Nursing school BUT STILL AHHHH I'm excited, freaking out and scared at the same time!!! I could be over reading this situation....but who wouldn't?? Has anyone else ever dated some one for under a year and got engaged???? HELP!
    "Time passes. Even when it seems impossible, even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me."

2. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Dh and I were together for less than a year. I don't remember the exact timeline. But it was definitely under a year. We were engaged for quiet a while before we got married.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyToaster View Post
    Dh and I were together for less than a year. I don't remember the exact timeline. But it was definitely under a year. We were engaged for quiet a while before we got married.
    Ok so how did you know he was the "one"?? Just curious...
    "Time passes. Even when it seems impossible, even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me."

4. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Behindblueyes112 View Post
    hmmmm well we have a pretty fucked up story. I actually tried breaking up with him a few months before we got married. But when it came down to it, I could never actually walk away. So I stayed. And for the most part things are pretty good. We have our issues, but so does everyone. We'll have our 5 year anniversary in July
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyToaster View Post
    hmmmm well we have a pretty fucked up story. I actually tried breaking up with him a few months before we got married. But when it came down to it, I could never actually walk away. So I stayed. And for the most part things are pretty good. We have our issues, but so does everyone. We'll have our 5 year anniversary in July
    Yes issues are normal in a healthy relationship! I guess it's not a bad thing if it happens, I have 2 kids from a previous relationship and I'm so ready to settle down for good.

6. Banned
    Banned
    Yes issues are normal in a healthy relationship! I guess it's not a bad thing if it happens, I have 2 kids from a previous relationship and I'm so ready to settle down for good.
    I hope you are putting your children first, and not making this rash decision just to "settle down" and have them supported. I personally wouldn't marry someone I was with for 3 months, ESPECIALLY if I had children to look out for. Their best interest needs to be #1, not yours.

I also hope you realize that the magical high you get off falling and being in love does not last forever, and really changes a lot throughout a relationship. The honeymoon phase ends and reality sets in.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I think this sounds like a decision that needs to be made with careful and lengthy consideration, especially with children involved.
  7. Senior Member

how very cute
    so happy for you hun!x
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

My DB and I started talking about marriage around 2.5-3 months. We got promise rings at 3 months. It was funny because how the "marriage" talk started coming up was by accident. We would say things like, "When we have kids..."

As our relationship grows, I know he's the one. I knew when we started dating that he was the one. Only time will tell. Its one of those gut things. And I've had it before but with my DB now its completely different this time around.

But as much as I love him, we're waiting. We're taking those steps when we feel ready and for us that's after we graduate.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I hope you are putting your children first, and not making this rash decision just to "settle down" and have them supported. I personally wouldn't marry someone I was with for 3 months, ESPECIALLY if I had children to look out for. Their best interest needs to be #1, not yours.

I also hope you realize that the magical high you get off falling and being in love does not last forever, and really changes a lot throughout a relationship. The honeymoon phase ends and reality sets in.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I think this sounds like a decision that needs to be made with careful and lengthy consideration, especially with children involved.
    Yes I realize this..I wouldn't run away and get married. My kids are always #1 and if anyone knows love doesn't last forever it's me especially after what I went through with the father of my children. Honeymoon phase usually lasts a year so I'd make sure we went through AT LEAST 2 years haha.

10. Regular Member
    You just know it's hard to describe but you just -know- from the tippy top hairs on your head to the little hairs on your toes that he's the one you never want to be without, the one you want to share your life with and the one you want to grow old with. My friends asked me this question recently and that was the best answer I could come up with good luck!!