Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is he what you expected?

1. Senior Member

Is he what you expected?

Advertisements
    I was having a talk about SO's with my friends.

1We were talking about how people always think your guy or your "type" is something different than it really is.

Like, I'm into art, so, people always say I would like the laid back, artsy type.
    I'm into completely different men, very testosterone filled men if that makes sense lol
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    I've never had a 'type'... but DF's exactly what I could ever have asked for in man, imperfections and all. We just match.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    My DH is NOTHING like my ex boyfriends! NOTHING! It's actually kind of funny when I look back at them...

But I guess that's why it wasn't meant to be with the ex. I was dating the wrong "type" of guy, just didn't know it until I met my DH!

As far as our personalities/interests go, we share some of the same things but still have a lot of things that we don't have in common. Yet that gives us reasons to each try something new all the time...
  4. Senior Member
    Pretty much. He has one hobby I never thought I would really be ok with, but when I look back on my teen years and where I grew up it really does make sense why I am.

But he is what I have always expected out of my men. They physically have varied from others and their hobbies have varied from what others have enjoyed. But their personality and their way of treating me and being with ME have almost always been the same.
  5. jadedvoices
    jadedvoices
    Nope. He is everything that I never wanted to have! Well until he was jumped that is! He changed when he was able to see how stupid being a bar star was! And after that, he won me!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    DB is the exact opposite of all my ex boyfriends and not what I expected him to be at all when we first got together but he's absolutely perfect for me He's treated me better in ways no other man has and he doesn't even try. It's amazing

ETA: i also wanted to say that R has every quality I have been looking for in a man but could never find in a package so I got really lucky with him.
    Last edited by Jessym; 01-26-2011 at 04:32 PM.
  7. His Swiss Army Wife
    His Swiss Army Wife
    Almost all the guys I dated have been pretty nerdy/geeky in their own way. I married the biggest one of the bunch...

You are the cheese to my cannoli .

8. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

My ex and DH are a "type" -- Nerdy.

DH was the "bad boy" when he was younger and I never thought I would get with a "bad boy" but we've both been a good influence on each other.

I always knew I wouldn't be with someone who was like me in many ways, if I can't stand myself some days, how I could stand being married to someone like me?
  9. Regular Member
    People always call me and my DH an oxymoron couple. Haha. He likes hunting, I like animals in general. (The more alive, the better) I love reading, he wouldn't read to save his life. And so forth. But even still, we couldn't be more perfect for each other.
  10. Senior Member

Blush

DF is totally different from my ex boyfriends. My exes were all emo and into music and art and all that good stuff.
    DF is into guns, hunting, country music. He's a 360 from what i used to date, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I secretly always loved the manly man type guys He's just so much more than I could have ever asked for.
    We kicked deployment's booty big time! it's over!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast