Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One true love

1. Senior Member

One true love

Advertisements
    Do you believe that there is one true love for everyone, or that there are multiple loves?
    [Sorry if this has been asked recently.

I'm just having real doubts right now.... I probably shouldn't be thinking about it, but I'm feeling like DF was my one true love, and now he is gone. What if there is no one else for me? What if there is no one who will love me the same, or who I will love the same? Am I destined to become the crazy old lady who sits at home by herself? Probably kind of stupid...]
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You can love more than one person. Some are a better fit than others. I don't believe in one true loves or soul mates or any of that crapola.

ETA: Well, the truth is, anybody else you fall in love with WILL love you differently than your DF did, because they are different. That doesn't diminish it in any way. It just is.
    Last edited by misspurrmeow; 01-25-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: typos
  3. Senior Member
    Okay, this may sound hokey, but I believe there is one person who is exactly right for you, but also a heck of a lot who are really darn close to that and with whom you can build a fantastic relationship. I also believe that your DF was not the one - because I think he was someone who was almost perfect for you and helped you get ready to meet to perfect one. You will meet someone wonderful, and perfect, its just going to take some time.

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misspurrmeow View Post
    You can love more than one person. Some are a better fit than others. I don't believe in on true loves or soul mates or any of that crapola.

ETA: Well, the truth is, anybody else you fall in love with WILL love you differently than your DF did, because they are different. That doesn't diminish it any way. It just is.
    I agree with the bold.

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
  5. Banned
    Banned
    I do believe in soul mates. However, I think you can love multiple different people. There are so many people out there, it is silly IMO to think you can only love one. There are many people out there you could be completely happy, compatible and in love with Don't worry
  6. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    I believe you can fall in love more than once-I have. You have to move on since he's gone.You can still love ex DF and fall in love with someone else.

You are so young, you will not wind up alone.
  7. Senior Member
    I used to think there was ONE person for every ONE other person in the world. I still somewhat feel this way, but what about all the widows out there? Just because their significant other passed doesn't mean they should have to be alone the rest of their life, right?

I personally have only said, "I love you," to two guys. The first was a boyfriend in college and the second is my boyfriend now. I don't think the love I felt the first time was wrong, I was just in love with what my ex tried to be. He was one of those guys that tells you what you want to hear in the beginning...putting on an act of something that he truly wasn't...his true self came out though later and I wasn't in love with that person.
  8. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
    I think over time we learn to love differently. We grow, we learn what being in a relationship is about, we learn what we want in a partner, etc. I don't think any of us have one true love, it's about finding someone you connect with and who is willing to do what it takes to make your relationship grow and flourish.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I don't believe in soul mates, or "true love." I DO believe that crazy, sick, head-over-heels love does exist though. I just don't think that there is only one person you can ever have that with.
  10. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by misspurrmeow View Post
    You can love more than one person. Some are a better fit than others. I don't believe in one true loves or soul mates or any of that crapola.

ETA: Well, the truth is, anybody else you fall in love with WILL love you differently than your DF did, because they are different. That doesn't diminish it in any way. It just is.
    I agree with this. Your DF was put in your life for a reason, your guys' love existed for a reason. And someday there will be somebody else who'll snag your heart and be a right fit.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast