Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Awesome weekend/ Saturday date!

1. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear

Cloud 9 Awesome weekend/ Saturday date!

Advertisements
    The date was a bit unexpected/last minute, so only 2 girls knew about it beforehand. I didn't even have time for a "what should I wear thread!"

My parents came into town this weekend so my sitter could have off for her birthday. I made a spinach lasagna for dinner Friday (soooooo good), and then went and bought a new tv! So my dad and I put it up Friday night, and I love it! It's a 42" Vizio. LED/LCD and really pretty

Saturday I went out with this guy who lives about an hour and a half away (seriously, I can't find a guy that lives IN Lexington!). I met him on a dating site a few months ago. We talked for a bit. He seemed really nice and fun and cute (his body is kindof ). But then we just stopped and I started hanging out with someone anyways. We started talking a week ago or so online again, and he said he lost my number when he got a new phone or whatever. I think it was the next day, I was writing on one of the MSOS girl's FB walls, and I see him on her friend's list. Turns out she is friend's with his ex-fiance (and he's tried to get her to go out with him too lol). Small world.

Anyway, I got there a bit later than expected thanks to a car accident (I'm assuming) that didn't move for about 15 minutes. Then I got a little lost haha. We decided to just go get some drinks at a restaurant. Good times. We went back to his house (he currently lives with his parents), and his brother and his gf were about to watch a movie, so we joined them. We went downstairs for a minute to change into sweats... and we might have made out a bit then too . When we came back up, his MOM was sitting on the couch we had been sitting at. Soo we watched the rest of the movie with his brother, his gf, and his mom. Weird. But they all seemed pretty cool. I ended up spending the night because I was beat (I had been up since 530, and by the time the movie was over, it was after 1). And even though it probably had no affect on me whatsoever at that point, I had drank earlier in the evening and we decided that was a good reason for me to not drive home. His aunt and uncle for some reason, had decided to come and spend the night there that night though, and they took over his bedroom so we slept on the couch in the basement. We started making out, and his brother and gf came down and interrupted us. They hung out with us for a bit. Then my phone starts ringing. At 2 am, my son's dad was calling me . We haven't spoken since before Christmas. I didn't answer, and he called again. I ignored it. He sent me a text saying "Really?". I ignored it. We fell asleep. I wake up a little after 3 from my mom calling me (and him still holding me ). I had sent her a text saying I was too tired to drive when I had made that decision (she'd rather me sleep and drive home early, than drive home late and tired). She kept calling and my phone didnt have enough reception to answer. Finally she got my texts, after I had woken up date and told him that I was going to leave. So I laid back down next to him. We started making out again. He said something and I laughed and was about to start kissing him again, and all the sudden he startled. I look up, and there is his brother and gf behind the couch, leaning over with stupid grins on their faces. It was like 4 am at this point They walked away and I told him they were reeeaaally good at showing up at bad times . We went back to sleep for like a 1/2 hour, and then I had to get up and drive home for work

While at work, I sent him a text saying "I enjoyed last night. Very much"
    And he replied "I did too. Very, very much". I said we need to do it again, and he said "Duh. lol"

So our first date could have been horrible. Bad traffic, moms, ex boyfriends, and nosy brothers all tried to make it weird. But it was great. And it makes me laugh to think about it. My friend at work said it sounds like a movie, and it does. It sounds like a "hey lets have our first date be my cousin's wedding" and then the family is all nutso type thing. Except his isn't nuts, they're just close and goofy. And I'm totally looking forward to date #2

Oh and if you're curious.... my ex was calling me because his exwife was FREAKING out on him, cussing him out thru text and voicemail. Apparently she thought I was stalking her a at a bar that night. I texted him in the morning "Yes, I was stalking her at a bar while on a date in Cincinnati. I don't even know if I would recognize her anymore, nor do I give a shit about her. She's crazy"
  2. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

It sounds like you had a good time! I'm glad! As for the brother and gf, talk about romantus interruptus. . .

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

3. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by G'sGoddess89 View Post
    It sounds like you had a good time! I'm glad! As for the brother and gf, talk about romantus interruptus. . .

Seriously!
  4. Senior Member
    YAY! I'm glad you had a good time... even with the brother and his girlfriend.
  5. Senior Member
    for a good date!!! sounds like it was a lot of fun and makes for some great memories (well... except for the ex calling)...
    Are you a parent? Ask me how you can help out with my thesis!!
  6. Senior Member

He sounds like a keeper
  7. FiFi89
    FiFi89

YAAAAAAAAAY!!! I m so happy for you!!!

I m sad there was no "WHAT TO WEAR THREAD".... for your second date you have to fill us in!

Fifi & Gavin
  8. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Girly View Post

YAAAAAAAAAY!!! I m so happy for you!!!

I m sad there was no "WHAT TO WEAR THREAD".... for your second date you have to fill us in!
    I was having a "I hate everything!" day too. But I didn't really have time to take pics. I ended up wearing just a brown sweater, jeans, and flats. He's short, so there's no wearing heels around him! He's 5'5''. I'm almost 5'4''. I guess inch heels could work. I've always said 5'7'' is probably my min. height requirement, but, he's pretty hot, so I'll let it slide this one time
  9. Senior Member
    for a good date..especially a good 1st date