Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're different than you used to be'

1. Senior Member

Duh You're different than you used to be'

Advertisements
    I was talking to my friend and saying how I'm thinking of texting the guy I've gone on a few dates with tonight because he hasn't texted me since he said he missed me friday.

He's like: he's probably busy. You guys didn't have any set plans to text, it's been three days.

I proceeded to explain to him how I am about dating since I was molested (we used to date before I was molested and I WASN'T like this)

I told him I was set out to not be used again and got used two times.

He replied with:well, it happens to people that set out for something not supposed to happen and gave me a case and point. He goes "Just text him, he probably doesn't even know he hasn't texted you in three days"

ugh. I want to get rid of this feeling of being so different. Something so little in my life has changed me so completely from a confident woman into a crazy little whiny insignificant weirdo. I can't handle dating anymore, I just don't understand men. I think it's because I was so surprised I thought he was someone else completely, and now I want direct confirmation always, and upon not getting it, I freak out. So what, he hasn't texted me in 3 days, why not a week? it happens, but apparently my mind can't grasp my little fingers around it.

I don't know how to fix my mind. But I do know I like J, and would love to see him some more, he told me he missed me friday...SIGH...if onnly dating was easy for me like it used to be I am almost embarassed by my oddities, and very much flustered by them. I don't know what to do anymore.

I texted him around 7 last night. He never answered back.
    Last edited by dancerdixy; 01-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    I think that you should text him. I know you feel insecure right now, but I think your friend might be right when he says the guy might not even have realized it's been 3 days. It's been the weekend and those tend to fly by before you realize it. You don't have to have a reason to text him. Just ask him how his day is going or something.
  3. I'm still Jennie from the block....
    I'm still Jennie from the block....

Don't feel bad. As you could see in my post that you were so kind to comment in, you are not alone. I hate being so insecure too. I think it's ok to go ahead & text him. Just send him a sweet little text saying I just wanted to say hi & let you know I'm thinking about you. Hope your having a great day! It should not only open the chain of conversation, but also bring a smile to his face. Hope this helps!

4. Senior Member
    thanks ladies
    actually, it really does help
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Me: Southern California Him: stationed in Okinawa, deployed to Phillippines
    Just text him something like "hey just wanted to see what you've been up to" and go from there! Nothing wrong with that at all!
  6. Senior Member
    just sent him a "thinking about you hows it going" , is that good?
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalibug View Post
    Just text him something like "hey just wanted to see what you've been up to" and go from there! Nothing wrong with that at all!

I know I've said stuff about this before, but not why and how I've changed, so I figured it was time to explain my antics
  8. Senior Member
    well I'll see where it goes
  9. Senior Member
    WELL he never texted back, so I guess I had reason to feel like I felt.
  10. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

It's only been a night, right? You texted him last night and didn't hear back? Maybe he was busy or something. I would give it a bit more time and then just move on.

I don't know the details of what's happened to you, but if it's bothering you and making you feel insignificant and less confident, maybe it's worth talking to someone to help sort through your feelings?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast