Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Rings?

  1. Junior Member
    Kitten35's Avatar
    Kitten35 is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    1,676
    #1

    Rings?

    Advertisements
    Hey Ladies,
    This may be an odd question but I got thinking about it from the ring thread.

    I have a .5 ct Tiffany-style solitaire from JCP (moissanite--I asked him specifically for this, as I like the sparkle better than diamonds), and then for anniversary DH got me a diamond wrap to go around it from Zales that is beautiful, it's 1/2 ct tw channel set princess cut diamonds, very delicate and small, but really accents my ring well. I also have a plain gold band; that's what I wear on a daily basis.

    I have been wanting something that I can wear daily that has a little more bling; usually I only wear my bling if I know nothing will happen to it. The other day I was wearing it and it caught on the doorframe and I freaked out! Nothing was wrong with it, but I really don't want to wear it all the time and I do freak out, even with stuff like wearing gloves (this can wear down your prongs and the stones can fall out). I know it's diamonds/moissy, and the lady at the store said, they can take it, they're hard...I know, but I still freak out that I will scratch it or knock a diamond out of the setting, ding the gold (did that once), etc ,or lose it when travelling, which we do on leave (we never take leave at home, we either go visit our families, or take a vacation). It's covered on our renter's insuracne through USAA but I still worry about it.

    My question is: does anyone use those CZ rings that they sell at say, Macy's or JCP as a "substitute" ring on an everyday basis? Also, I saw some ads for Diamonique, and thought it looked really beautiful and believeable, if I could get it with a smaller stone, and the plating clad doesn't wear too much over time. Anyone have any diamonique? What's the best "fake diamond" you have found? I also have a CZ stone from my grandad he gave me before he passed that I have never set and may set that in a simple solitaire setting and use that as my "everyday" ring and band. Does anyone else do this? What did you buy? How does it hold up? Pics? I'm primarily looking for the best brand of CZ--the Diamond Nexus Labs are expensive, almost as much as my initial moissy ring, and moissy and ascher are expensive as well, not what I am looking for with an "everyday" band. I just want something I can wear that sparkles that is not cheap looking and does not cost a lot so that if I do mess it up it's not a big loss.
    [CENTER]"Be curious, not judgemental." -- Walt Whitman
  2. Occasional lurker
    Serpentine's Avatar
    Serpentine is offline
    Occasional lurker
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    12,968
    #2
    I have a platinum and diamond e-ring I wear on the daily but I'm considering getting one of these sets just cause....and I want to get one of the bands to stack with my "real" set.
    My friend is in a tough spot but she's getting married and she's looking at these too;Tacori Iv Rings Search Results | Overstock.com

  3. Junior Member
    Kitten35's Avatar
    Kitten35 is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    1,676
    #3
    I did see the Tacori ones, they were beautiful I thought! Just kinda curious as to how "real" they look in real life and if they hold up.
    [CENTER]"Be curious, not judgemental." -- Walt Whitman
  4. Account Closed
    His*PITA*'s Avatar
    His*PITA* is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere over a rainbow
    Posts
    69,415
    #4
    I wear my original set on a daily biases... there will never be a situation where nothing will happen to it unless its sitting in a box not being worn, hence why its insured...

    If you want something else though, Sterling Silver Jewelry & CZ Cubic Zirconia Jewelry In Rings Earrings Necklaces Pendants has some nice stuff.
  5. Senior Member
    Nicole!'s Avatar
    Nicole! is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fort Bragg
    Posts
    6,446
    #5
    Although my engagement and wedding rings aren't Diamonique, I do have a few Diamonique things! My mom does too You honestly can't tell it isn't the "real thing." We ordered ours off QVC and love it!

    I definitely suggest getting Diamonique. You will truly it!

    Here's a link:
    Diamonique on QVC!
  6. Senior Member
    ArmyCupcake's Avatar
    ArmyCupcake is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,076
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by His*PITA* View Post
    I wear my original set on a daily biases... there will never be a situation where nothing will happen to it unless its sitting in a box not being worn, hence why its insured...

    If you want something else though, Sterling Silver Jewelry & CZ Cubic Zirconia Jewelry In Rings Earrings Necklaces Pendants has some nice stuff.
    Agree. My mom who had her engagement ring for nearly 30 years just lost it a few months ago. It just slipped right off of her finger. It was insured and now she's able to get another one. Even if you don't own a home it can be covered under renter's insurance and isn't that expensive.
  7. Occasional lurker
    Serpentine's Avatar
    Serpentine is offline
    Occasional lurker
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    12,968
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten35 View Post
    I did see the Tacori ones, they were beautiful I thought! Just kinda curious as to how "real" they look in real life and if they hold up.
    No first hand experience but they all had GREAT reviews saying how real they were and how they held up and all that.

  8. Junior Member
    Kitten35's Avatar
    Kitten35 is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    1,676
    #8
    Thanks! We do have it insured, I just tend to get paranoid about it. Also I hate to travel with it in general--lifting bags, many hotels, etc--and have been thinking about putting it in a safe box at the bank when we go on leave. To be honest I'm kind of a jewelry junkie and a total jewelry snob and have a lot of jewelry that I have gotten at one of a kind stores while travelling or had custom done. But I couldn't replace most of them if they were lost or stolen, as they are unique items (with the exception of my solitaire, which I am sure I could get the same thing).

    Just curious, I do like the look of the diamonique it looks nice! but the stones are so large and I have really thin fingers so big stones in general look a little over the top, when they are so big. Anyone know if they make smaller settings, like maybe anything under 1 ct? like the biggest I tend to like is a .66 ct.
    [CENTER]"Be curious, not judgemental." -- Walt Whitman
  9. Senior Member
    ArmyCupcake's Avatar
    ArmyCupcake is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,076
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten35 View Post
    Thanks! We do have it insured, I just tend to get paranoid about it. Also I hate to travel with it in general--lifting bags, many hotels, etc--and have been thinking about putting it in a safe box at the bank when we go on leave. To be honest I'm kind of a jewelry junkie and a total jewelry snob and have a lot of jewelry that I have gotten at one of a kind stores while travelling or had custom done. But I couldn't replace most of them if they were lost or stolen, as they are unique items (with the exception of my solitaire, which I am sure I could get the same thing).

    Just curious, I do like the look of the diamonique it looks nice! but the stones are so large and I have really thin fingers so big stones in general look a little over the top, when they are so big. Anyone know if they make smaller settings, like maybe anything under 1 ct? like the biggest I tend to like is a .66 ct.

    I am the complete opposite. I NEED to know that it is on my fingers. If I take off my ring for a manicure or to put lotion on I freak until those suckers are back on my fingers. I feel naked without them. Hope you find what you're looking for.
  10. Junior Member
    Kitten35's Avatar
    Kitten35 is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southeast US
    Posts
    1,676
    #10
    Haha, I know what you mean, I just tend to be the type that does take it off I never cook with it on, or anything like that--my grandma did that and lost her stone--twice. Yikes! I tend to be absent minded, so I am afraid one day I'll just leave it somewhere or something, like take it off when I cook and put it in the ring stand near the stove...and forget it's there...and one of the cats knocks it off...and then I lose it...

    That's just me...I know how absent minded and spaced out I can be so I just want to take precautions and why I often don't wear it out if I know I may need to remove it.
    [CENTER]"Be curious, not judgemental." -- Walt Whitman
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •