Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "We need to talk" UPDATE #22

1. Senior Member

"We need to talk" UPDATE #22, #38

Advertisements
    Ok, is that EVER a good sign? If you've seen my "freaking out" thread, you know my situation with this guy I've been seeing for about 2 months.

Well.. I'm freaking out again. He's told me that he likes me a lot, and we always are laughing together. He says he's got some issues left over from his ex that he's trying to get over, so we haven't been taking our relationship too seriously.

So he sent me a message just a bit ago saying "I need to talk to you tonight about us". I said "oh great, that's never a good sign" and he said it was ok, that I just need to know what I'm getting myself into. He then said "if this starts to get serious, you need to know a few things." He said he wants to "protect me from getting hurt".

AH. So I guess I'm not really asking for advice.. just have to get opinions. Or just get it out. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, right? It seems like he views our relationship as getting more serious, and feels like he needs to tell me some things that could affect it. I don't understand how I would get hurt by him tellings me things.. or not telling me things.

I'm over-thinking again
    Last edited by KickDrumHeart; 01-18-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  2. Regular Member
    I'd actually say in this case it might be a good thing. He trusts you and cares about you enough to open up to you about whatever it is. Hope whatever it is is nothing serious!
  3. we r who we r
    we r who we r
    true i mean only positive outcomes right! he sounds like he does wanna get serious with u ...and incase he has a slip (maybe talking to his ex) u know that before hand! i wish u good luck!!! and dont stress out girl lol
    i mah wifey jessym
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillybean88 View Post
    I'd actually say in this case it might be a good thing. He trusts you and cares about you enough to open up to you about whatever it is. Hope whatever it is is nothing serious!
    Thanks, me too! I'm nervous
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

What he thinks could hurt you, you might not see as a problem. Hear him out first, and then go from there. No reason to worry. "We need to talk" doesn't ALWAYS have to mean a bad thing. Atleast he feels comfortable discussing it with you.
  6. Regular Member
    I would hear him out first before jumping to any conclusions. To me it sounds like he wants to get serious with you!

If it helps you any, after I got engaged to my DH, we had a "talk." It was to make sure I fully understood his duty and what being an Army wife really means, etc. He told me he loved me more than anything in the world and that he still wanted to marry me, but he wanted to make sure we were on the same page - it was nothing bad at all!

I my soldier!
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mel126 View Post
    I would hear him out first before jumping to any conclusions. To me it sounds like he wants to get serious with you!

If it helps you any, after I got engaged to my DH, we had a "talk." It was to make sure I fully understood his duty and what being an Army wife really means, etc. He told me he loved me more than anything in the world and that he still wanted to marry me, but he wanted to make sure we were on the same page - it was nothing bad at all!
    It may really even be about this. I know my DB was really concerned when he joined the Army about me, and making sure I would be able to handle him being away. Hell, he still has a "talk" with me from time to time about it! I would try not to stress out too much about it. It very well could be that he just wants you to know what you're getting into by being in a relationship with someone in the military.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stronger27 View Post
    It may really even be about this. I know my DB was really concerned when he joined the Army about me, and making sure I would be able to handle him being away. Hell, he still has a "talk" with me from time to time about it! I would try not to stress out too much about it. It very well could be that he just wants you to know what you're getting into by being in a relationship with someone in the military.
    He's not in the military. Thank God.

I'm not sure what it will be about.. I already know he was engaged to his ex (through some facebook creepin' ), so it may be about that and what happened with them. It sounds like their relationship really did some damage to him. As long as he is willing to share these things with me, I guess we are moving forward
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Me: Southern California Him: stationed in Okinawa, deployed to Phillippines
    Don't stress, I bet in this case it's not a bad thing, since he already told you he's into you I tell DF we need to talk when we have to have a serious conversation, and it's not always something bad! I just want him to pay attention because we tend to get goofy and side tracked a lot

Good luck and let us know!!
  10. Senior Member
    I agree that it sounds like a good thing...he sees things getting serious with you and he wants to have open and honest communication up front! for a good convo tonight!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast