Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate dating sometimes

1. Senior Member

Bang Head I hate dating sometimes

Advertisements
    I've been going out with this great guy. He treats me great and doesn't game or have any craziness that I know of yet. No kids, nothing. He holds my hand and is respectful...
    I think I like him TOO MUCH so I'm not sure if I want to go on another date. To me, it seems as if I stress to much over whether we'll get another date or not to the point where I'm thinking I should just give up. I've never paid so much attention to someone before. It seems a bit unhealthy to me, almost like a romantic comedy. I like him that much.

WELL here I am, he did answer that text and said nite beautiful to it. That was sweet

but we haven't made a date. usually we have a date set up by now. That's my BIGGEST THING.
    He didn't text me last night, but I didn't text HIM last night.

I'm NOT USED to real dating. All my relationships have been made within two weeks of dating, so I don't know what is going on honestly. It's like I need a little updater on "dating"
    The last two times I waited around to see if they were interested, they just used me and dropped me. Which REALLY sucked. So I've been at the two extremes, but never normal. I have NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING AND I'M 23.
    My mom married the first guy to ask her out of the millions she dated at the time, my friends in relationships don't ever talk about how they got there...It just really flabberghasts me how I have no idea how to know what's going on.
    I can always see what's going on with other people, but never with myself. I'm a very over-emotional person when it comes to men. Ugh.

I don't know whether to text him and ask him, or for him to wait around to ask me. He could be thinking the very same thing...:Insomnia I'm so stressed out. Why do I have to like him so much? I haven't liked anyone this much in forever. I didn't even like my last db like this.
    Last edited by dancerdixy; 01-12-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: new news
  2. Senior Member
    If it has only been since Saturday... and you ahve only had 3 dates.... just take a deep breath and CALM DOWN! It is only Monday hun... and you were with him Saturday night... That means... only ONE full day you haven't talked so far... You are OKAY!

If you really are into him.. I wouldn't give up just because he didn't talk to you yesterday But.. I would lay low and let him come to you. Take your time... and plan other things to keep your schedule busy... relationships that build slowly are going to be worth it in the end! AND.. if it turns out he isn't into the whole thing... if you are busy anyway... it won't be THAT big of a loss because you are still busy with your own life!

Good luck!
  3. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

WOW! You've already moved from dating to break up in break neck speed!

Wait until you hear from him. Ask him his thoughts on the LDR thing. Maybe you two can meet in the middle for a date?

And why give up on someone you like so easily? Give things a chance. RELAX!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Let him come to you definitely but dont give up. Although, it sounds like his "ugh, an hour drive home" was hinting at he wanted to stay the night? Just a thought though, and maybe now he is dissapointed. Not all men are like that though, hope it all works out!
  5. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandrakayw View Post
    Let him come to you definitely but dont give up. Although, it sounds like his "ugh, an hour drive home" was hinting at he wanted to stay the night? Just a thought though, and maybe now he is dissapointed. Not all men are like that though, hope it all works out!

love me some Maegan
    Jessym is my relationship twin! ♡
  6. Senior Member
    No, he knows I live with my parents...and that I'm not like that.

He wrote an answer to my status and my gut reaction was to text him about his joke.

I never got anything back.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    just calm down and give it time, dont be to clingy or you will push him away IMO and let him come to you if after like wednesday you havent heard from him then shoot him a text or a call.. just MO of course

"I can't stop thinking about you, when we're apart I dream of you." My sailor

brittany00 is not only my bestie but also my twin!
  8. Senior Member
    My DH and I dated long distance (3.5 hrs one way) for a full year before we decided we wanted to be engaged and live closer! Don't give up yet.

I agree, I think his mentioning the distance home sounded like he wanted to spend the night...you may have trouble doing a LDR if you live with your parents and can't have him over. I'm not sure though, everyone is different.

Don't panic yet!
  9. Veni.Vidi.Venti; I came, I saw and ordered the large coffee
    Veni.Vidi.Venti; I came, I saw and ordered the large coffee
    Blog Entries
    Maybe he had a long day and was just starting to feel fatigued? Especially if we was doing something before the date like work, errands, etc.

I wouldn't read into it TOO much. The comment "Ugh I feel tired" (JMO) sounds like he's got a bit on his plate and was just tired. I wouldn't take it too much to heart.
  10. Senior Member
    Have you talked to him since?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast