Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: To those who have had kids

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

To those who have had kids

Advertisements
    I just had my daughter 7 months ago. I had to have a C sections and my body isn't what it use to be. I have lost 45pounds since Natalia, but now I have extra around my tummy area. I guess I'm just not sure how to be intimate with my hubby after Natalia. I nurse her, so basically I feel like a Cow. I have been working on getting tone but its a long process. Did any of you have problem after you had your kids?

Sorry wasn't sure where to put this
  2. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Get yourself in the mood, wear something sexy, light some candles, etc. Relax. I am kinda lucky I met DH in person after I had ODS so I already had the pooch, I don't have with the light on though

3. Senior Member
    Like you said, getting toned back again after having a baby is a long process. I breastfed my daughter as well, so I know how you feel with that. But just because you have some baby weight (who doesn't?) doesn't mean you can't still be sexy. Stretch marks and C-sections scars are just symbols of one of the best things to happen in yours and your husband's life together. Maybe if you try to focus on not having hard feelings toward it from that perspective, you can improve your self-esteem and your sex life.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CreoleQueen View Post
    I just had my daughter 7 months ago. I had to have a C sections and my body isn't what it use to be. I have lost 45pounds since Natalia, but now I have extra around my tummy area. I guess I'm just not sure how to be intimate with my hubby after Natalia. I nurse her, so basically I feel like a Cow. I have been working on getting tone but its a long process. Did any of you have problem after you had your kids?

Sorry wasn't sure where to put this
    UGH The dreaded C-Section...I had my daughter (my second c-section) Dec 4th of 09 and I JUST started shedding lbs. I've got 10 more to go and my stomach I don't think will ever be the same :-/ I'm hoping I get some gym time/motivation soon.
    "Time passes. Even when it seems impossible, even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me."

5. Senior Member
    Yes...up until a few weeks ago, I felt like a whale. I worked out for months and could never seem to lose weight. It took me exactly 1 year to start losing my baby weight. I weighed 128 the morning I went to be induced and was back down to 115 breastfeeding, but once I started birth control pills, my weight shot back up to like 125-128 lbs. I got off the pill and had an Implanon put in and low and behold, the weight started coming off. I'm down to 119 now. I was 108 lbs pre-pregnancy and wore a size 0. but I've come to terms with the fact that Im now a size 4 and never will be a zero again. Atleast now I have curves and a butt! HAHA. I've started doing yoga every night for 20 minutes, an ab workout with a core ball for 15 minutes, and 50 squats. I'm starting to see a difference in my body finally.

They say it takes 9 months to put on the weight and it take 9 months to take it off. I guess it's true, but in my case, it took 1 year to get it off.
    Desiree

Zachery Tobias born December 10, 2009!
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Thank you everyone. I know I wasn't the only one going through it but its nice to hear. Thank you for the advice, I'm going to try my best to get my confidence in my body back. My hubby doesn't care about the weight, it helps that he thinks I'm beautiful.