Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: it's the little things...

1. Regular Member

Cloud 9 it's the little things...

Advertisements
    I've been fortunate enough to spend a long while with my DF since I've been on sick leave. We usually live 5 hours away from each other & with our work schedules we NEVER get to see each other. The last 3 months have been a piece of Heaven for us (even the hospital visits). Just being together. : )

Anyway- I heard a girl fussing the other day about how her boyfriend never puts the toilet seat down. I told her that she better enjoy it, because if she didn't have it she'd miss it. I believe that us as military spouses (family, friends, fiances, wives, girlfriends, or anything else) we are fortunate enough to really take in the little things, because we have this knowledge to us that you can't take the SOs in our lives for granted or the relationships that we have with them. I guess it's learned by not having it all the time like most people do. No one really seems to understand it unless they've been there- and we all have!

So... after the rambling... I spent the days that my DF was off work soaking every second of it in... and thought I'd share it with you and ask what are the things you miss the most while they are gone??

My DF started 3 movies- laid down on the sofa- slept through all of them until the end- woke up changed them- then fell back asleep. It was during the last one that the following happened: he was snoring so loud (as always) & as I was smiling to myself and listening to him snore I heard it- then smelled it... the loudest poot ever!! He then proceeded to wake up, catch me staring at him say, " baby I love you so much" then instantly start snoring again... I almost fell off the sofa laughing. Of course, he doesn't remember it (or so he says).

Other things: he ALWAYS leaves the seat up, always leaves the cap off the toothpaste, leaves his shoes, socks, clothes, etc all over the house, steals the covers at night (even though he says I scoot over and try to push him off the bed- apparently I'm not much of a cuddler), and so much more... those are a few anyway!!

What are the things that you miss the most while your SO is gone? Are you like I am? Do you just smile at them and think how lucky that you are when you are with them and they do it?? Please do share!!

2. Regular Member
    I miss a lot of those weird things. Every night we are apart I brush my teeth over the phone because he misses the sound of me brushing my teeth. My friend think it's weird but every time I don't do it or we don't get a chance to talk he misses it. I also miss us tormenting each other. I understand this feeling.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I miss everything my DB does...everything. even stinking up my bathroom
  4. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie
    I don't miss the snoring that keeps me up at night, but I sure miss the tired guy that comes home from work and falls asleep the second he sits on the couch and snores away while I finish making dinner.

I also miss hearing all the hilarious tales of his younger days that he tells me as we drive somewhere or sit at dinner.

And I really miss cuddling with him on the couch, watching t.v. or not.... while he sleeps and snores, until it's time for bed. Awww, I really miss that.
  5. Senior Member
    I didn't realize the little things and to not take anything for granted and everything until I started dating DH. Maybe it was because it was my first long distance relationship, him being in the military, me maturing, him being "the one" for me, or all of the above

DH does little things but I in general miss everything when he is gone. He cracks his knuckles this really weird way and sometimes he does it on my leg when we are in the car driving somewhere, everyday when he comes home, he gives me a kiss (everytime ) and then goes straight for his chair, puts his feet up and takes his socks off and throws them in the corner of the living room. I love it all!!!
  6. was ncgirl
    was ncgirl
    DB is in the field for a week. The first time I came home after he left I went to go to the bathroom... the toilet seat was up. It truly made me smile. I also love to see the leftovers that he {always} leaves in the fridge and forgets to eat. The little silly little things that in other relationships would've annoyed me. So yep, separation puts it into perspective for me.

Adventures In Love
    Follow Me: http://inthemiddletoday.blogspot.com/<----Started blogging again Updated 9/06/2012
    yeah, after a very long time of not using it I am trying to blog again!
  7. Regular Member
    lol... I am about to go clean out his leftovers.... lol... that one makes me giggle too
  8. Go Ducks!
    Go Ducks!
    I miss folding his laundry and the way he twitches right before he falls asleep. Miss playing with his hair as he leans on my shoulder and his gamer rants. And I miss how he takes a deep breath in and smiles every time he says I love you. Just like the first time.

9. Senior Member
    I miss a lot of things when my DH is gone. I miss his company and his smile. He always makes the dumbest jokes that he thinks are hilarious and I miss his little dances that he does and when he sings while he is driving (even though he is horrible) I miss the way he always helps me cook dinner no matter what it is. I miss folding his laundry and just being able to take care of him. I guess I just miss everything when he is gone
  10. Senior Member
    I miss fighting with my DH cuz even after 6 years together it always ends in us giggling and being playful. We have one tv and he's a gamer so I miss having to take turns on what to watch or play. I miss running my fingers through his short hair (it's really coarse so it tickles my fingers). I miss NOISE he's so darn noisy! I used to hear everything he did to get ready for work in the mornings from running water for his shower, to banging cupboards open and closed to get dishes/breakfast, slamming the door to go start the car, etc. Now I wake up to a quiet house and it makes me miss him. I miss just SEEING him! I always cheeeze at him when we skype cuz it's so good to see his face.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast