Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clingy

1. Free!
    Free!

Clingy

Advertisements
    What do you think is clingy? Like what point would you get irritated with the amount of attention.

Just curious. I think, as far as how I act and think clingy is with my behavior, has been warped a bit.
  2. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    It depends on the situation, do you have an example?
  3. Go Ducks!
    Go Ducks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrienneRose View Post
    It depends on the situation, do you have an example?
    This

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Every situation is different, if im not feeling well...nearly most advances on snuggling is not welcome, unless i request it...lol, and i can only snuggle for so long before sleeping... but i do enjoy when he comes up behind me when im doing dishes or looking at something in the store and we have a little moment... but i do think that it really depends on the moment and the mood of things.... clingy for me would be when i've hinted at needing space and perhaps may have said something and the advances keep coming... idk...at this point, for me, i would welcome just about any attention from DF, but he is deployed, so that does make a difference
  5. Banned
    Banned
    I have had girlfriends in the past that will text with their SOs all day and night and it drives me CRAZY. I think it's so rude to be having a text conversation when you're hanging out with someone else, so to me that's clingy. Also, anyone that invites themselves along to events that they weren't invited to firsthand, like if a girlfriend was to invite herself along when she finds out her boyfriend is going to a movie with friends or something.

Physical clinginess is harder for me to define, because lots of couples enjoy being all over each other all the time, but for some people I'm sure it can be clingy to do everything together all the time.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I have had girlfriends in the past that will text with their SOs all day and night and it drives me CRAZY. I think it's so rude to be having a text conversation when you're hanging out with someone else, so to me that's clingy. Also, anyone that invites themselves along to events that they weren't invited to firsthand, like if a girlfriend was to invite herself along when she finds out her boyfriend is going to a movie with friends or something.

Physical clinginess is harder for me to define, because lots of couples enjoy being all over each other all the time, but for some people I'm sure it can be clingy to do everything together all the time.
    I have a friend like that. She texts her boyfriend nonstop all day, including when you are trying to have a conversation with there. This, to me, is over the top. And I would consider it being clingy. Also when two people can't do things independently, like they HAVE to be doing everything with their SO. Also clingy.
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Well I'll admit I'm guilty of texting DB all day, we text through out the day (not necessarily constantly but when something happens we need to tell the other about) but if I'm talking to someone else I'll wait until the conversation is over in most cases.

I think my definition of clingy is when your SO has NOTHING to do but talk to you or be with you. Be co-dependent is very unattractive to me and that's what I consider to be annoying clingy.

8. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Just depends. .

For DH and I "clingy" doesn't really fit. We CHOOSE to do everything together all the time, and even when he hangs out with his buddies he invites me with.(witch most of the time I just tell him to enjoy his friends, but tell me when he thinks he'll be home. I expect him to be home or call if he's going to be late so I'm not worried or waiting for him.)

I even emailed him just about the whole time I was up with my friend, and he emailed me back. I even did it a few times while we here watching a movie together, and she didn't mind at all. Then again though she understood that he's gone, and that is the only way for us to talk. We've been the type to call each other and sleep on the phone together when he's away, and that's all because he says hearing me over the phone helps him sleep. Heck DH and I have no secrets at all either, and there is no real privacy with us. We do and know everything about each other, and heck he'll tell me he needs to pee even while on that darn ship. (Not because either of us have to do the stuff we do, but we both enjoy the way things are. We both just kinda started doing these things without thinking about it, and so far it has worked great for us so far. )

For me it's hard to determine what's clingy to anyone else other then me. You have to decide what YOU are comfortable with.
    Signature removed due to size.
  9. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    For DB and I we are both at a "clingy" point we are in an LDL, and both of us are going through some hard stuff so we are leaning on each other consistently. We text throughout the day and talk for hours each night. We still do stuff with our friends and don't text the entire time, but our phones are never far from us.
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
  10. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    Just depends. .

For DH and I "clingy" doesn't really fit. We CHOOSE to do everything together all the time, and even when he hangs out with his buddies he invites me with.(witch most of the time I just tell him to enjoy his friends, but tell me when he thinks he'll be home. I expect him to be home or call if he's going to be late so I'm not worried or waiting for him.)

I even emailed him just about the whole time I was up with my friend, and he emailed me back. I even did it a few times while we here watching a movie together, and she didn't mind at all. Then again though she understood that he's gone, and that is the only way for us to talk. We've been the type to call each other and sleep on the phone together when he's away, and that's all because he says hearing me over the phone helps him sleep. Heck DH and I have no secrets at all either, and there is no real privacy with us. We do and know everything about each other, and heck he'll tell me he needs to pee even while on that darn ship. (Not because either of us have to do the stuff we do, but we both enjoy the way things are. We both just kinda started doing these things without thinking about it, and so far it has worked great for us so far. )

For me it's hard to determine what's clingy to anyone else other then me. You have to decide what YOU are comfortable with

to the bolded...clingy is defined by you getting annoyed by it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast