Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Petty jealousy confession...am I wrong?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My Petty jealousy confession...am I wrong?

Advertisements
    So, his bff (outside the cops) since childhood is a female. No problems with that. Ever. She's sweet and really nice to me on fbook and stuff (haven't met her in person but I will in a bout a week). It also helps that she is NOT attractive AND is in a serious relationship. I have never been the jealous type anyway.

A couple of weeks ago (after a few drinks) he confesses that they almost hooked up. I was like . He says they didn't becuase they did not want to ruin their friendship and she's like a sister to him. Okay...still ok with it. No big deal.

Suddenly, she is all over the place, texting and messaging how much she misses him and commenting on all his photos how adorable he looks with hearts and crap. I was weary, but he never said anything and he doesn't respond. I trust him, so no issue there. Then she STOPS talking to me, no comments, all focused on him.

Now I'm getting this paranoia she wants him...it is just paranoia RIGHT?! I know he's going anywhere so I am just watching and keeping my mouth shut but I still don't like her all up on him.

Now they are alone together (kindof) out of state until I get there next week.
    And he drops it on me that she is insistent on going with him to pick me up at the airport. I was like...I was expecting you and your sisters. I am excited to meet them and they me. But SHE has to butt in. AUGH!!

Again, I know nothing is going to happen, but she's bugging the heck outta me!

WOW...that was long. Had to get it off my chest. Am I wrong to suddenly feel irritated by her? Not to mention, I feel WAY too old for this kind of thing!

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
  2. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    He said that he didn't because he didn't want to ruin their friendship? Uhh... was this during your relationship with him? Because I would think that he wouldn't have because he didn't want to you his relationship with YOU, not her.

be cool.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
    So, his bff (outside the cops) since childhood is a female. No problems with that. Ever. She's sweet and really nice to me on fbook and stuff (haven't met her in person but I will in a bout a week). It also helps that she is NOT attractive AND is in a serious relationship. I have never been the jealous type anyway.

A couple of weeks ago (after a few drinks) he confesses that they almost hooked up. I was like . He says they didn't becuase they did not want to ruin their friendship and she's like a sister to him. Okay...still ok with it. No big deal.

Suddenly, she is all over the place, texting and messaging how much she misses him and commenting on all his photos how adorable he looks with hearts and crap. I was weary, but he never said anything and he doesn't respond. I trust him, so no issue there. Then she STOPS talking to me, no comments, all focused on him.

Now I'm getting this paranoia she wants him...it is just paranoia RIGHT?! I know he's going anywhere so I am just watching and keeping my mouth shut but I still don't like her all up on him.

Now they are alone together (kindof) out of state until I get there next week.
    And he drops it on me that she is insistent on going with him to pick me up at the airport. I was like...I was expecting you and your sisters. I am excited to meet them and they me. But SHE has to butt in. AUGH!!

Again, I know nothing is going to happen, but she's bugging the heck outta me!

WOW...that was long. Had to get it off my chest. Am I wrong to suddenly feel irritated by her? Not to mention, I feel WAY too old for this kind of thing!
    " beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
    He said that he didn't because he didn't want to ruin their friendship? Uhh... was this during your relationship with him? Because I would think that he wouldn't have because he didn't want to you his relationship with YOU, not her.
    No no, before we even met. It was a few years ago.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by kalloskitty View Post
    I know, I know...I did mention the part where I'm being petty right?

6. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    It was before you guys met, so I probably wouldn't even care about it... Maybe she's just trying to get to know you, since they're such good friends?

be cool.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalloskitty View Post
    That part irked me to, but I just told myself the OP is feeling pretty insecure right now.

From what you said it would bother me too.
  8. Senior Member
    If was before you guys were together then is how she's acting new or has it always been like this and you're just now noticing/being bothered by it?

If this is a brand new thing I would talk to your DB about it and ask what is up. If its always been like this, I think you're just a little insecure because you realized that someone you saw as never having a chance with your DB actually did.

Finally together in Okinawa and ready to start some new adventures together!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think you might have just a heightened sense of paranoia with her now. I was like this a couple weeks ago with a similar situation with DB. I think you are just getting nervous now that he said something and like you said, are paranoid and are overthinking the situation. I have done this too.

If this whole "almost hooked up" thing was much before you two ever got together, I wouldn't worry about it. My DB and his friend have a similar story and I was more upset with HIM for not telling me the whole story. But I absolutely don't hate her for it because I know she is a sweetheart and loves me. I wouldn't let her coming to the airport urk you too much. She might just be excited to get to know you! Maybe she has heard so much about you that she feels like she already knows you? I always try to just be friendly and start conversation.
    If this girl does have any shred of romantic feeling for him, acting jealous is just going to make her more interested I think. So try to be secure and maybe she will realize you are the best match for your SO.

good luck lvoe!
  10. I will bite your nipples!
    I will bite your nipples!

Ugly girls get laid too and available vagina doesn't have a FACE for some guys.

Evidently you are worried about this ugly girl and now you're keeping a closer eye on her.

If you trust your DF then you don't need to worry about this facially challenged girl.

But I will say this, OBVIOUSLY your DB didn't find her all that unattractive if he was willing to be with her.

It really irks me when some women feel certain woman aren't pretty enough to be a threat...I mean really?
    God called...he wants his judgment back!!!

Never allow someone else's limited vision to limit yours

Don't cry to give up...cry to keep going

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast