Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Surprises *added ring pic in #16*

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Cloud 9 3 Surprises *added ring pic in #16*

Advertisements
    Hey all!

Haven't been around for about a week or so... Been pretty busy!

So last Friday, my company had our Christmas party. I'm glad it's all over with.. I was in charge of the catering for 200 people. BUT, it went off without a hitch, so I was thankful for that. Overall, last weekend was soo great!

DB came over Friday night like he normally does and we were getting ready for the Christmas party. All of a sudden, a phone starts ringing in my room and I didn't recognize the ringtone. I was completely baffled, and to complete it, DB looks just as confused as I. The phone is sitting in one of my drawers in the dresser and I pick it up. It's DB's number calling it...
    So I hit ignore and I held it out to him and was trying to figure out just what on earth was going on! He gets his sh*t eating grin on his face like he does when he's up to something and asks, "Well, do you like it?" I'm still a little confused at this point, and he laughs and says, "That's your new phone, silly! It's an early Merry Christmas!" So now that I'm up to speed, I give him a biiig hug and immediately start playing with it. That sneaky boy added me to his cell plan and got me a new phone. He said my old one was obsolete and always complained about it. lol That was surprise #1.

Okay, so we go to the Christmas party and it was great.. Had a good time, introduced him to friends and coworkers, ate good food, drank a couple beers, and went home. We got home, took off our nice clothes and got into pajamas and chilled on the couch. We weren't tired yet and I asked him if he wanted to play Black Ops for a bit while I watched him. He said, "Hmm, nah.. I'd rather watch you play." I told him I'd play but he knows I suck so he's probably get bored. I suck so bad at those games, but like to watch. Anyway, he goes to his bag and pulls out a wrapped gift. It appears to be a movie or game by the shape of the box. He says, "With you all alone during the week, I figured you might need something to do.." So I give him a look and unwrap the gift. He got me Fallout: New Vegas!

Backstory: My ex-husband still had alot of his stuff at my apartment, including his PS3 and a bunch of games, including Fallout:New Vegas. It's my absolute favorite but my ex moved out of state last week to move back in with his parents Anyway, he took all that with him, leaving me with no PS3 and no games.

So yeah, I was pretty happy about that and he watched me play for a while with a smug little smile on his face. He knew he did good. lol That was surprise #2.

After a while, we put in a movie and were snuggling on the couch. He kept looking up at me and had this look in his eyes.. His eyes are dark, like mine, but he had such an intense look in his eyes. He got up, gave me a kiss, and went to his bag again. (I now call it his bag of tricks.. lol) He came back over and was telling me how beautiful I looked at the party and how he loved watching me interact with my friends and coworkers. He said I was the center of attention and practically glowing. Then he switched gears and said I was most beautiful when I was just myself. I didn't need make-up, fancy clothes, or jewelry etc. I was smiling and blushing, not knowing what to say! haha He doesn't get like that very often. But it made me feel .

He said, "I know this isn't the most romantic setting, and it's not perfect, but I can't wait anymore and the time is right..." He pulls a ringbox out of his pocket, drops to one knee in front of me, and oh my god.. my heart starts pounding like a jackhammer! He probably sees the look on my face and smiles. He takes my hand and says, " (My full name), you are the most beautiful girl in the world and so perfect.. I can honestly tell you that I have found my soulmate and I don't want to go one day in this life without you. Will you please marry me and be my wife?" I throw my arms around him and tell him yes yes yes! And this would be surprise #3.

I am now engaged!

Added a stock pic from the Zales website in #16 b/c I don't have a cam, just so you can get an idea of what my ring looks like. The pic doesn't do it justice though! It sparkles so much! I love it!
    Last edited by lovemy92F; 12-11-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: added pic
  2. Senior Member

ring pictures?!
  3. Flying solo
    Flying solo
    Um, WOW!!!! Those are all awesome surprises, and I am so happy for you that you are now engaged! Sounds like DF is a real keeper
    Jennifer
    Something has changed within me, something is not the same. I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game.
    HisJuliet is my Twinny but I also use her for
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieee View Post

ring pictures?!
    Thanks! I only have my cellphone camera and the picture is reeeeally crappy. lol
    I'll try to get a decent pic tho and post.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingAndHoping View Post
    Um, WOW!!!! Those are all awesome surprises, and I am so happy for you that you are now engaged! Sounds like DF is a real keeper
    Thank you! He is def a keeper! Last weekend was ah-ma-za-zing!
  6. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    That is too sweet! You're gonna make me cry lol Congratulations!!!

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    First of all, congratulations! It sounds like he made the ENTIRE weekend, not just that moment, perfect and special!!!! What a total sweetheart! And the phone and the game... totally thoughtful gifts (and love how he surprised you with the phone LOL)... things he knew you could use or really would enjoy.

I love reading this kind of stuff! So happy for you!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  8. Senior Member
    what a sweetheart he is! sounds like you had a PERFECT weekend! girl!
  9. Senior Member
    Ahhh that was so exciting to read, my heart literally started to beat faster hahaha!

Congratulations and what a lovely guy he sounds like!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    First of all, congratulations! It sounds like he made the ENTIRE weekend, not just that moment, perfect and special!!!! What a total sweetheart! And the phone and the game... totally thoughtful gifts (and love how he surprised you with the phone LOL)... things he knew you could use or really would enjoy.

I love reading this kind of stuff! So happy for you!
    Thanks! I love how he did the phone surprise, too! I had no idea lol When I called him earlier that day, he said he was at AT&T, but I figured he was paying his bill or something. Sneaky boy!

Quote Originally Posted by OneHappyMama View Post
    what a sweetheart he is! sounds like you had a PERFECT weekend! girl!
    It really was a perfect weekend... My family is very excited, especially my mom. My kids are over the moon and very excited that he will be their stepdad.

Quote Originally Posted by jade344355 View Post
    Ahhh that was so exciting to read, my heart literally started to beat faster hahaha!

Congratulations and what a lovely guy he sounds like!
    I had a huge grin on my face the entire time I was typing. I couldn't wait to share!

Thanks for the well-wishing everyone!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast