Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The guy I just started dating..

1. Senior Member

The guy I just started dating..

Advertisements
    Last edited by KickDrumHeart; 02-01-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  2. Occasional lurker
    Occasional lurker
    Hmm...could be he'd change his mind, could be he won't. I think 25/26 is a good age to be thinking about marriage and all. If it's important to you I'd move on before you're too invested. Good luck

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It could just be his way of making a point that he doesn't wanna jump right into marriage. I wouldn't rule him out til you get a better feel
  4. Senior Member
    I think by saying you are limiting yourself to 2 years of dating before engagement, you might be disappointed. I think he could well be serious. Of course, life may happen and he may change his mind, but if you'd really dump the guy because you might have to wait over 2 years...well....IDK not sure what to say.

OOOO also, if you've only been with him 3 weeks, you might not know this, but maybe he knows himself pretty well and thinks he is immature? Maybe that's why he says 30? IDK just a thought...
    Last edited by made4neonlights; 12-09-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: thought of something else
  5. Senior Member
    Seeing that you mentioned you guys just recently started dating, i wouldnt look too deep into that. .
    Try not to stree the situation soo much, things change, and you dont want to freak him out too badly by pressuring him into changing his mind or thinking differently. . .
  6. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

My husband said he wanted to wait till he was out of the military before getting married. He still had a few years left then. However he got to a point where he knew I was the one and he didn't want to wait any longer. We got married and now he is going career. Honestly, if you love him, you will wait, if you don't want to wait then you don't love him that much KWIM

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    My husband said he wanted to wait till he was out of the military before getting married. He still had a few years left then. However he got to a point where he knew I was the one and he didn't want to wait any longer. We got married and now he is going career. Honestly, if you love him, you will wait, if you don't want to wait then you don't love him that much KWIM
    Agree and it's a little early for that to even be a worry yet if you just started dating. I would revisit that topic in 6 months to a year personally.
  8. Senior Member
    Good point
    Camster is the best wifey ever
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katyp View Post
    It could just be his way of making a point that he doesn't wanna jump right into marriage. I wouldn't rule him out til you get a better feel
    This. ANNNNND..

This. I wouldn't worry too much. If and when you guys fall in love/become a lot more serious then you can bring up your concerns. But for now, have fun getting to know him.
  10. Senior Member
    This
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast